HELP!!!! FROM MY SOUTHERN FRIENDS !!!!!!

I know Florida isnt on your list but the Bradenton area is very nice and the track only closes for about 3 weeks around Xmas. There are some 1/8th mile tracks within about 2 hours and at one point they were talking about opened a track in Ft Meyers but I dont know if they ever happened. I lived in Florida for 5 years and loved it. I lived in the St Pete area which is kind of ghetto in a lot of parts but I lived on the "nice" side. Bradenton is a lot slower paced than St Pete/Tampa/Clearwater and you can still get land and build a nice house without people being all up on you, especially around the Palmetto area unless its really grown up since Ive been there last.

West coast Florida doesnt get the brunt of terrible weather either.

And then there's NC. I was born here and have lived most of my life here so Im really biased. Most tracks are 1/8th mile but there are a few 1/4 mile tracks.

I hated Texas for a lot of reasons. If I never go back there, it wont be too soon.

Yes, wanting to but not far away!! My father is going to be retiring soon and he will be moving down here from Wis. to retire and he wants to be on a lake so we are looking for a place on the lake with 2 houses... One city over...:)
Which lake are you considering? :)

Douglas lake 1st choice.
Cherrokee lake 2nd choice.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Cherokee Scott? That will bring you closer to Knoxville won't it? I used to fish there when we went to visit my grand parents.;)

Cherokee Scott? That will bring you closer to Knoxville won't it? I used to fish there when we went to visit my grand parents.;)
Cherokee is actually in Jefferson county towards morristown but Douglas lake is the first spot were looking at...

Cherokee is actually in Jefferson county towards morristown but Douglas lake is the first spot were looking at...

Dude!! I can't believe you haven't called Kathy to have her do some searching for you!! That's her job!

Dude!! I can't believe you haven't called Kathy to have her do some searching for you!! That's her job!
LOL.... I didn't mention it to Kathy because we are not sure when my father is actually moving down, could be 3 or could be 10 years! according to him.... :rolleyes:

LOL.... I didn't mention it to Kathy because we are not sure when my father is actually moving down, could be 3 or could be 10 years! according to him.... :rolleyes:

Ahh

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Knoxville, TN !!!

* Centrally located to almost every Buick event with a 5-6 hr drive being the longest, BG is only 3 hrs away...
Myrtle beach=6 hrs away, FL=9.5 hrs away,
* Very little snow fall (I moved here from Wis. 17 yrs ago and have still never used a shovel!! It will snow then it's gone the next day.
* My property tax on a 1,700 sq ft house on 1 acre is $600 A YEAR!
* Gas here is $3.28 and with a discount card it's $3.25
* Not much here in terms of tornadoes or hurricanes because they are blocked by the mountains.
* TN's freeway system & roads are Fantastic! Some of the nicest highways I have ever been on..
* Beautiful views everywhere you go.
* Cruise inns all over the place..
* Dragstrip? 411 is 1 Mile from my house, Knoxville dragway 1 hr away, Bristol dragway 1.5 hr away...
* 3 HUGE rod runs in Pigeon Forge each year which take up 6 lanes of road for at least 7 miles each way. both sides of the streets are Lined with people and fold out chairs....FUN TIME!
* People are very nice too!
* Guns? Well let's just say this state Welcomes guns and carry permits! There are Many gun shows here per year. Here is a picture of the front window of our local BBQ place where my son works... They also have a cruise inn on Friday nights.
View attachment 195293

Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are tourist attractions so you basically want to stay on the outskirts of those places.. Seymour, Knoxville, Kodak, Sevierville are all good places..

As a matter of fact my house is for sale which I will make you a good deal on! I just done a Bunch of new Major up grades last year so it will be good to go for many more years! New metal roof, new heat & A/C units, new gutters, new 28' above ground pool partially sunken in ground, new treated privacy fence, new pool deck (over 1,000 sq ft). Rear yard is fenced in for dogs.

TurboDave also lives here and I am sure he will chime in with his thoughts...

I'm from PA and without a doubt can tell you, TN is the place to go!! Been their twice and ready to move tomorrow, except for that whole still in college thing. We were about an hour or two outside of Nashville and I happened to pick up a real estate paper and their were million dollar homes (as compared to up here) going for $150k. Every person you talk to are willing to help you out and make sure your good, where as up here, if someone makes eye contact something's wrong. I don't mind the winter's but where their are mountains, their is snow so its not like you'll never see it again. If you start to seriously consider just go their for a week, look around at houses and other things, you may not come back by the end of the week.

but do remember typically where the cost of living drops, the average pay also drops so just something to remember.

...Also when you move let me know, Ill be at your old house with truck and trailer and a blank check :D