Help finding a machine shop.

Justa_v6

Searched the SW forum but most of the posts are really old. Is there any good machine shops around that any one has used or knows of a good one.

I recently began with installing ported iron heads, once I got the heads off I was surprised to find the engine had sealed power 0.030 over hyperuetectic pistons. I asked for advice and most everyone chiming in recommend putting in some forged pistons.

I decided to pull the trigger and go with the forged but I would like to get the block cleaned and looked over by a machine shop or possibly have them install for the right price.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an built engine I’m considering in selling if interested

Searched the SW forum but most of the posts are really old. Is there any good machine shops around that any one has used or knows of a good one.

I recently began with installing ported iron heads, once I got the heads off I was surprised to find the engine had sealed power 0.030 over hyperuetectic pistons. I asked for advice and most everyone chiming in recommend putting in some forged pistons.

I decided to pull the trigger and go with the forged but I would like to get the block cleaned and looked over by a machine shop or possibly have them install for the right price.

Any help is appreciated.

Where are you located ?

You could try Kenny Duttweiler in Saticoy (1-805- 659-3648) if you don't need the parts right a way. Evan machine 626-444-2838 in El Monte. I know Evan has done machining on Buick V6's.

I was told this past weekend Kenny isn't taking anymore work. I was led to believe he's winding things down and is contemplating retirement.

Neal

The guy who bought my race car and parts is from the Bay Area. He wanted to drop off a bunch of parts with Kenny to build him a back up engine. Kenny told him the back log was over a year and Chris Chow was going to be his last customer since he's been going there for many years.

Neal

The guy who bought my race car and parts is from the Bay Area. He wanted to drop off a bunch of parts with Kenny to build him a back up engine. Kenny told him the back log was over a year and Chris Chow was going to be his last customer since he's been going there for many years.

Neal

I have a customer getting his engine built from Dutt right now, and Dutt also has my TA block that he is going to build.

I'll be calling Dutt tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.

Well, I called Turbo Lou and he said he was to busy and not in a position to help me out right now. I appreciate the honesty I would rather he tell me now than to have it sit in his shop for months.
I tried to call Evans machine shop and no answer. I will be reassembling it myself.

what are you try to have done bud? I have a local machine shop I use when I build
These motors so if u want u can shoot me a message and maybe we can work something out .