Hellwig front sway bar question

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Does anyone run this sway bar ? If so , what does it weigh ? The bushings are wore out on mine plus its the stock one . Or maybe I should have ask what does everybody run when you wanna save weight ? Jegs has the Hellwig for bout 195 $ shipped , just throwing that out there . Thanks Keith

One option is a hollow 36mm bar from an f body car if you can find one. Lots of discussion on it on here..

I've heard that some use the H&R rear bar & remove the front bar.

I suspect it is more a street/strip car than a pro-tour car.

Screenshot_20180209-185040.png

Some info for you Keith..

Keith, I emailed Hellwig. They replied back that the 55700 front hollow sway bar kit (bushings, brackets, etc.) that fits our car is 21.2 pounds. The stock GN one is just a bit over 25 pounds.

I am also looking at a Hellwig kit because I am finding it hard to find a good used 36mm F body front swaybar. The ones I have been looking at on ebay seem not that much cheaper than a new Hellwig.

Hope this helps.

Keith, I emailed Hellwig. They replied back that the 55700 front hollow sway bar kit (bushings, brackets, etc.) that fits our car is 21.2 pounds. The stock GN one is just a bit over 25 pounds.

I am also looking at a Hellwig kit because I am finding it hard to find a good used 36mm F body front swaybar. The ones I have been looking at on ebay seem not that much cheaper than a new Hellwig.

Hope this helps.
Hey man , Thanks . I have been researching them

Hope this helps.

The 21.2# is the shipping weight, including all mounting hardware, box and packaging. I can weigh mine this weekend, but I would guess the bar alone is about 1/2 that weight. Also, the Hellwig is a G body only bar. It fits much better than the bars that are also used on F bodies.

Hey guys , Thank ya'll for all the feed back . I just installed new Bilstein this past weekend and noticed all the bushing wear under the front end . My car has 74k miles and rides and drives great , or so I thought . Can't wait to install some new front end stuff . Due to the weather I have't had the car out to check out the new shocks

Hey guys , Thank ya'll for all the feed back . I just installed new Bilstein this past weekend and noticed all the bushing wear under the front end . My car has 74k miles and rides and drives great , or so I thought . Can't wait to install some new front end stuff . Due to the weather I have't had the car out to check out the new shocks
You know I've been in Autozone and seen swaybar urethane bushing kits. They seem very nice.

You know I've been in Autozone and seen swaybar urethane bushing kits. They seem very nice.

I've had very good luck with the Addco brand sway bar urethane bushings not squeaking like the ES.
I'm not sure if the Addco are graphite impregnated, but they are non-greasable and do not squeak.

Summit Racing usually has them in stock and in my opinion are worth the wait.