Helen Keller does weld!

buickspec6231

I purchased an '85 HA engine off of ebay for installation into my 1962 Buick Special station wagon. (When it's further along I will add it to the Hybrid section). Originally I was going to install the HA engine into the car and do some mods to the HA setup. Due to hood clearance and manifold clearance issues, I am slowly gathering parts to swap this over to an intercooled engine. That's just a quick run down, but when I drove quite a distance to pick up this engine, i saw some things that were not shown in the pictures.... for one there is more orange RTV sealing the intake than one tube could probably hold, the turbo adapter had a hard grey plastic goop dripped all over it, probably because the o-rings on the adapter were chewed up pretty good. But my favorite sight to see was the awesome weld job on these stock headers..... Helen Keller says it all.... :confused:

Attachments

• HPIM0535.jpg
    HPIM0535.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 297
  • HPIM0552.jpg
    HPIM0552.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 304
Boost231 I agree with you on that. If you think about it, if a guy is not a great welder but does have access to one and knows that no matter how it looks it will seal up, does he still go pay someone? I wouldn't. Not on a un-noticed part.

I agree, my first welds were brutal to say the least. Luckily they have improved, and I am sure the replacement stock headers for the 86/87 years I am trying to get will either be cracked or end up cracking on me eventually... Hopefully my welds look better and will hold up better too... If not, you won't see me posting pictures of them on here.;)

My old man woulda kicked my Tail if I ever woulda made a nasty weld like that and hadn't ground it out and redone before he seen it! Oof, booger weld city!

And I wish you guys would quit makin fun of my Great Aunt!

Check out this monstrosity!:mad::eek: This was done by a local guy who advertised himself as a welder.:rolleyes: I would've been better off dipping this header into a bath of molten steel.

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 168