Heavy white smoke on rebuilt motor upon startup

You've got a mess. Take off the rocker shafts and make a pressure tester out of a can of ravioli (empty) with a tire valve stem in it.

If you're LUCKY, you've got an intake gasket sucking oil into the ports. I'm thinking that's not the case since it's happening on both banks.

Comparing a compression test to a leak down test is just wrong. The engine spins slow and the pressures aren't that great on a compression test. The amount of time it's pressurized is very low, where a leak down test can sit there and do it's thing.

Now if you have raw oil puddled up in the exhaust, that's either a big big problem, or just residue from the work that hasn't burned out yet. If you're lucky, the oil in the cylinders and the oil in the exhaust aren't related.

I'd Check your head gaskets, if it's white smoke you're geeting coolent into your combustible chamber, how was your leak down test
A lot of folks may not see the blue color. Many times on this board there is talk of white smoke. I think most of those times it's tinted blue but who the heck knows.

Took off the plenum to find oil right away inside the intake and even on my PP.

I originally installed the valley pan metal gasket. Should I try the other individual printoseal style intake gasket? Or stick with the metal valley pan gasket?

That’s normal if you have a PCV. Pressurize the crank case as I mentioned earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is odd that this bottom end ran OK before without the issue. Were the pistons left in their respective cylinders? How long was it apart?

A lot of folks may not see the blue color. Many times on this board there is talk of white smoke. I think most of those times it's tinted blue but who the heck knows.

Yes, it has a blue hue.

That’s normal if you have a PCV. Pressurize the crank case as I mentioned earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seemed a little excessive for normal PCV operation. The runner looked wet all the way down into the head.

This is odd that this bottom end ran OK before without the issue. Were the pistons left in their respective cylinders? How long was it apart?

Bottom was untouched. Pistons stayed where they were. Maybe a week? Don't remember exact turnaround time. It wasn't months or any extended amount of time where rust/corrosion would have played a roll.

Took off the plenum to find oil right away inside the intake and even on my PP.
I originally installed the valley pan metal gasket. Should I try the other individual printoseal style intake gasket? Or stick with the metal valley pan gasket?
I would try replacing the metal valley pan gasket with a Fel-Pro MS96033.

Not sure on your weather but sucking up that much oil something definitely wrong. I like the felpro metal valley to keep the oil down. Since you pulled the turbo I'm leaning toward the wrong valve seals or some stuck rings on those Pistons.
Find out what that shop put on for seals. What they measured for valves and guides(I'm guessing they measured) and I'd be dumping some trans fluid/acetone mix in the cylinders to see if it would loosen up the rings. Have to change the oil shortly after but you might make some progress.