Heating and fan Trouble need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USMC_Turbo6

My car has a front mount intercooler and 3 core aluminum radiator which is a little oversized for the car. In the past few months, I notice my car has been spiking a really high temperature; showing a temperature from 215-230 at times.:mad: The fans are hooks up to the Racetronics plug-n-play fan harness, the fans are 2 12" pull fans. When the car gets a little warm, the only fan that comes on is the one on the passenger side of the car.:confused: The fan on the driver’s side never comes on no matter what the temperature is.:eek: The car is not blowing any white smoke. There is some smoke, but it doesn’t indicate the head gasket is blown.:rolleyes: I have cheked the oil and water and its all seem to be fine. I just had the head gasket redone about 4-5 months ago. I’m trying to figure out what I need to look into, and I want to know why the fan on the driver’s side doesn’t come on.:confused: I would like to put the driver side fan on a switch so that I can turn it off and on when need. I have checked the fans and they both work.:mad:

Check that harness, if you know both fans work. Make sure the water temp wire on the lower intake
, just under the throttle body is plugged up... 215-230 is way warm. Got a 160 thermostat? Try some redline water wetter also, works great.

I have a 160 thermostat in the car and I have been running royal purple ice in the car to help it. When I get off today I will check the harness.

Bad fan or relay? I would think that even with just one fan it wouldn't get that hot.

So when I got home today I checked the harness and it looked fine. I unplued the fan and chenged things around meaning I put the driver side fan on the passager side and the passager side to the driver side. So i did that an eveything worked fine, changed it back and it did the same meaning not working so what is up with that?:confused:

I don't know anything about the Racetronics setup, but it sounds like it runs through the factory harness. Since you said both fans are known to be good, it sounds like one of the fan relays is just not functioning correctly. I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I know one of those likes to disintegrate into a worthless piece of plastic. It may be worth it to wire in a switch so you know that both fans are going when you need them. Of course, this always carries the risk that you will forget to flip the switch when you start the car; so you could always optionally just add it in to one of the ignition ports on the fuse block. Hope it helps!