Heater Core Bypass

Swigg

So, after 3 years of trying to find the right heater core for my 1984 T-type i am finally giving up. Even got one from g-body(or poston can't remember) and it fit better but still wouldn't clear the box and it was spec. for 84-85 hot airs and looked to have right bends. Tried to slightly bend it a lil and got it to fit about 95 perc. but it showed a VERY minor leak after running for about 30 minutes. And small leaks turn in to big leaks in my experience.
The heck with it. I live in florida and don't see the need for it. Not a Daily driver car and needing heat 1 or 2 months out fo the year is not worth the trouble anymore to me. But i do want to keep the a.c. Like I said, i live in florida, LOL.

For those of you who have a.c./heat deletes(or anyone), can you reccomend the best place to get to and bypass the heater core. I could do it the easy way i guess and bypass right there behind the turbo, but if there is some where better that I can rid more unnecessary coolant lines i would like that. Or if someone knows where a diagram of the coolant system on the web or here might be please direct me to.

And has anyone else had probs finding a perfect fit heater core or is it just me?

I bypassed my 85 by buying a small hose from autozone and routing it from one outlet one the waterpump to the other..... removed all the hoses that ran up behind the alt and across the manitfold. removed the metal pipes and pulled the heater core and ac box, when onto TR Custom Parts - Unique Products for 84-87 Turbo Regals & Olds G-Body Cars and got the ac box delete plate and its good to go. But if you wanna keep the a/c then u'll need to go a different route. I go with my astro roof, never used the a/c much.

yeah i went on the backside of the motor and looped the two lines running down the manifold. just needed tp buy a 5/8 to 3/4 adapter and it worked out nice. thanks