Heater control valve question....

MRW487

I am going to bypass my heater core soon. No coolant leaking issues but I am on borrowed time with a 28 yr. old core. I don't want to go out to the garage some day and be greeted with the smell of antifreeze and wet carpet. The GN is a summer weekend driver so I don't have need for a functioning heater or defrost. I will eventually buy a new core and have it replaced. My question is if I take the heater control valve (still works fine) out of the loop (splicing the 2 heater hoses together with a 180* connector) and cap off the vacuum line will the controls for my vent functions be impacted.....ie will the AC still blow out the proper vents or will it blow out the floor and defrost vents instead of the dash vents. Will I have to do anything to the blend door to keep the proper vent function. I have done searches but I really haven't found a definitive answer concerning the blend door. Thanks

.......My question is if I take the heater control valve (still works fine) out of the loop (splicing the 2 heater hoses together with a 180* connector) and cap off the vacuum line ........Thanks

Simple answer, yes that method is correct.

Bringing back a dead thread to say Thank You for asking the question and, as always, for the confirmation of the info, Nick.

This method work perfectly for me .

One note I would like to add is a Gates 19666 hose, trimmed down a couple of inches on each end is the perfect hose for this fix.

Bringing back a dead thread to say Thank You for asking the question and, as always, for the confirmation of the info, Nick.

This method work perfectly for me .

One note I would like to add is a Gates 19666 hose, trimmed down a couple of inches on each end is the perfect hose for this fix.

What connectors did you use to attach the Gates 19666 hose to the heater hoses? Thanks.