headrest removal

lolo86GN

I'm redoing my seats and can't get the headrest off. Any tips from those who have done it before? Doesn't look like i should be having as much trouble with them as i am. Maybe I'm missing something.

I used a thin strip of aluminum from some extra gutters I had laying around. Any thin metal you can find cut it about 1 1/2 wide and about 12-15 long slide it down the back of the head rest support and push it down. There are two hinges in there that hold it I believe.

I use a hack saw blade and bent it by hand into a U shape or close to it. It goes in front of head rest. Worked great.

pull the headrest all the way up and slip a hack saw blade in there as far as reasonably possible then push the headrest down and then pull it out. this will only work on 1 side and not the other. i cant remember which side but i just did it a couple weeks ago

Hack saw blade, but I definitely remember giving myself an uppercut and then headbutting the t top. See if any one has a pic of a headreast to see what you are working up against.