Headliner starting to sag.

2Blueregals

Grey headliner in my solid roof 1987 has just started to sag. Has affected about 25% of total. Mainly 1/2 of drivers side. Any tips on a fix, as it is not too far gone yet, or best to just take it out and redo.

Last edited:
I don't know of a reliable way to reglue a partially separated headliner . The underside of the headliner turns to dust I remove my headliner pull the material off the backing used steel wool to clean up the backing bought replacement material at fabric store and then glued replacement material to headliner . I did not use enough glue and therefore still have a small spot of Sag. I used the spray adhesive I should've use the entire can

I had the same issue with my T Top car recently. I also went the DIY route. Joann fabrics had grey headliner material in stock. I pulled out the headliner, cleaned it up real nice, and glued the new material down with 3M spray adhesive. Came out mint, and only cost me $7.45!! (y)

I did mine over the course of two days. It was easier than I expected. The material at Joann fabrics wasn't an exact match, but it's really close. So close, that people can't tell unless I tell them it's not the original headliner.

hello people; Mine has been sagging for years but it in the back area. If your not on a budget there's a solid material type out there they sell. It's not just cardboard and since you have a solid roof you should have no issues.
getting one.
IBBY

You can buy headliner material on e-bay. Glue is about $10 a can. Found it on zoro. Works well.

Kirban Thoughts to consider

We sell the grey material 3 yards which is enough for a hardtop and both sun visors. That is the only sure way you can match the sun visors is to use the same material. I suggest you buy in advance the plastic clips as some of them will probably break when you go to remove your headliner either the side ones or the rear ones. A lot of which have been reproduced and available from most of us vendors.

If your young working upside down to do the install is probably easy the older you get the tougher the job is....

replacement is the only option once it starts to sag in varies spots.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

what do you guys use for the backing? you can see the wires and the roof on my t-top and its pretty tacky, would i have to buy the piece that the headliner goes onto or is there a cheaper non-ghetto alternative?