Headlights come on when I turn the key to run

TireFryer

The New Kid
So I pulled out the headlight/parking light switch to test in another car. Then I put it back in and try to start the car. But when the key reaches the "run" position the headlights and running lights turn on and the switch is off... Tried a bad switch and the same thing happened. If I took the switch out they wouldn't turn on. The car does start and the turn signals and everything work, I just can't turn the lights off without pulling the switch or disconnecting the battery. Thanks in advance!!

I would estimate your car to be worth. $199.00, However, I am prepared to offer you an unbelievable price of $299.00 even with a bad headlight switch. Think about it.. Where can you find a deal like this anywhere? Just kidding, let me think this one over a bit electrical is kind of what I do in the IT world.. You have a relay problem. Let me see if I can determine the exact cause though.

Forgot to mention that the headlights and running lights will turn off after about 2-3 minutes and can hear something click behind the dash when they do.

The lights and switch worked perfectly, then i took out the switch and put it back in and now its doing this. Its got me stumped.