Headlight wiring

xXch0dyXx

All right guys, help me out with the stock headlight wiring colors.

Low Beams:
Low = Tan (x2 on drivers side)
High = Green (x2 on pass side)
Ground = Black

High Beams:
High = Green
Ground = Black

Am I missing something, or incorrect here? I am installing H4 LED bulbs that are supposed to be PnP after swapping the low beam ground/low wires on the stock plug, but things arent lining up/working correctly. My new highs will work with switch flipped, but the lows hooked up per below will only dimmly light up. I actually had the drivers side tested and working lows, moved to the pass, then both only dim light the lows now.

H4 wiring looking into stock connector:
gnd | _ | high
low

Thoughts:
1. Weak switch decide to give up
2. Stop messing with it and buy the casper harness
3. Bad ground (checked both grounds)
4. Low voltage wont light LED's (tested and lows see 11.8v with engine off lights on)

Perplexed.... over something so simple. Need a night cruise in my life, help me get it back on the road!!!!

Ok, so i unhooked everything and started from scratch to try again.

I had one wire on the pass side low beam swapped. I fixed this, and now 3 of 4 are dialed in. Drivers side works as planned, passenger low is good, but pass high will not turn on at all.

Verified light functions, getting voltage when high is switched on, but will not turn on at all. Verified voltage on drivers side high, and connector is seeing identical voltage on pass high. Prior to unhooking everything, it worked great...

I don't know the wire colors, but these are the ones you swap around.

Looking at the connector on the car, I'm pretty sure with the stock set up the right side terminal is the low beam, the top terminal is the high beam and the left terminal is the ground.

Swap the top and right side terminals and you should be golden.

Some replacement LED headlights (high dollar ones) have the swap feature built in.

IMG_4911.JPG

I don't know the wire colors, but these are the ones you swap around.

Looking at the connector on the car, I'm pretty sure with the stock set up the right side terminal is the low beam, the top terminal is the high beam and the left terminal is the ground.

Swap the top and right side terminals and you should be golden.

Some replacement LED headlights (high dollar ones) have the swap feature built in.

View attachment 328900
I like this idea above. LED bulbs often won't light if polarity is reversed. I might try jumper wires and flip flop the power and ground before taking apart the terminals.

I have all lows working per post #2 via swapping the terminals. The only bulb i cannot get working now is the pass high bulb. Only thing i can think of is maybe bad ground, but i would assume the pass low would also have issues if that were the case...

You can use a volt meter on the ones that work. If red meter lead goes to x and black goes to y colors. If the meter reads -11.8 that means reverse polarity. So the opposite would be what they want. Just make them all have the same meter reading. If that is making any sense.

If you've done that already or one for last test. Hook it right to battery. Try both polarities with jumper wires. Could be a bad light.

I have tested and validated correct polarity and that is it getting proper voltage. I will likely try this method next. I know the light worked, because I hooked it up to another location to validate.... very odd.