Headers

My logic is this, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) a v6 car has to use bigger exhaust primaries vs a v8 at the same power because there is more exhaust flow/cylinder pressure per bank trying to exit the cylinder. Would this apply to the cross-over as well?

What is missing in your logic as was stated for any turbo car is "velocity", as the hot gas NEEDS velocity to spin the exhaust wheel at extremely high RPM

Going back to the design and testing for the TA headers, velocity was a major concern from each exhaust port to the turbo, the crossover size, and also especially critical was the diameter of the opening at the turbo flange.

The driver side header was designed as a 3-into-1 one pipe to maximize velocity there.

On the pass side, oval, lazer-cut openings were made for each pipe from the exhaust port to the collector pipe so a tapered, oval pipe could be used to maintain velocity.

Another consideration in our design was to keep the crossover pipe as short as possible so we could minimize cooling and maintain velocity of the hot exhaust gas to the pass side.

The feedback from the majority of our customers using the race-version headers have stated improved low-end response which is a direct result of our design and production methods.

Last edited:
I just bought the TA headers and had them swain coated. They aren't on yet but I was under the impression that the headers make the car sound more throatier.
Did you install the headers at the same time as the cam?

No, the cam came when i freshened the motor. The headers came about a year later.