Header to turbo gasket

tminer

Not quite normal
I've never used one, but only ran a TA49 and going much larger now. I had ordered a copper gasket and was expecting the crush ring based on picture but got a flat one. Have read threads about using Ultra Copper but also have read that silicone is an O2 sensor killer, though they don't weight the various killers against each other. So is there a consensus? Personally I'm leaning toward finding a copper gasket with crush ring or maybe a Milan gasket.

I put about a million passes on the turbo to flange gasket from RJC...and in all honesty, I could prolly reuse it. Engine is out for a freshening...and going back in shortly. I have a couple of gaskets from Highway Stars...and they're gonna get torture tested.

Skip the gasket just make sure your header flange and your exhaust housing flange are smooth, even and clean.

The crush rings are best when the flanges are irregular. If the flanges are clean and surfaced, the flat gaskets actually work better. They are slightly thinner, which reduces flange warping.