Header thread Opinions

Don't get me wrong it does help free up exhaust flow. But it not fitting and leaking at band clamp is.a big deal to me. I put this on customers car had 5 hours trying to get it to fit bought a different band clamp and put dents in it so would clear.frame. it still leaks. Cut ac box heat shield. And brain tells me my whole body is not on frame correct. Have no problem paying big money for parts but they should fit. I have engine out now and recutting pipe and tig welding pipe together so no more leaks. Yes I will have to pull engine to remove pipe but better than leaking. And yes I have h-r parts and stuff engine mounts.this is pic of test pipe he sent me. It was chrome mild steel with nasty booger weld it was to be stainless steel with nice tig weld. It took month and a half for him to send me flange and pipe and I cut it to length and welded it myself. He has done good things for turbo buick community but fabricator he is not.

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
so he said ur car is wrong not his part, sounds like a true business man. yea i would just weld it together too, u can get the motor ready to be pulled in a couple hours anyways

Sure hope headers fit better than his 3" down pipe. For the $675 I was hoping and told it would fit. But not the case. Well if heating and smashing a brand new pipe. Means it fits well then maybe.

same pipe i had on my car and fits perfect. every car is different, not all parts will fit perfect.

If anyone follows up with this put me in for a set under $750 ,both sides and the cross-over. Going back to stock is the only option i have now because my pass side is destroyed. All the work trying to go fast now has to be corked. If there is still interest please let me know and where to send $. What ever options the majority decides is fine with me. my kbs are band style and worked fine, but im looking for perfomance over apperance. Thanks for the input and trying to figure something out.
750, hahaha your funny, i will buy a few sets at that price

i think its rediculous to think u cant sell ten sets in my opinion lol

not rediculous, reality.

so he said ur car is wrong not his part, sounds like a true business man. yea i would just weld it together too, u can get the motor ready to be pulled in a couple hours anyways

you don't know brian, hes not like that at all. I had the same pipe with no issues on my car. yes i got rid of the band clamp and welded it but it fit

750, hahaha your funny, i will buy a few sets at that price

not rediculous, reality.
What would be a realistic price, and has anyone even put anything together? For $16oo i can get someone in the Seattle area build a costom set but they need the car for too long. I guess i must have missread the previous posts.

Guys,
If you want to play in the game, it will cost you, period. ;)

The reality with HA’s is that the market is small . . . . .very small in fact . . . . and a run of 10 is big for the HA’s. Couple that with . . . . everyone wants a “one off”, be it SS, carbon, for KB headers, band clamps, one piece, etc etc. The reality is . . . no one is going to invest in a one off and sit on thousands of $$$$ “so someone may buy it in 2 years” , . . . . it is not going to happen, period. If you want something that is outside o the mass, you have to do exactly that, build a custom/one off.

Sure, you can score a nice ATR or Poston set if you wait around . . . . . . . . . . long enough, but even then, it will not be $300. :eek:

If we could agree that even just a simple PS replacement is good enough, we would be MUCH further along . . . . meanwhile, we keep talking about it. Food for thought . . . .The “stock replacement" (Poston) has been faster than most plan on going . . . ever. :cool:

I still say "Walmart and it's mentality ruined this country".

Guys,
If you want to play in the game, it will cost you, period. ;)

The reality with HA’s is that the market is small . . . . .very small in fact . . . . and a run of 10 is big for the HA’s./quote]
I agree on the cost but not the market. The HA cars were made from 78 through 85 and I'm sure there was more of them made than the IC cars, but most that have them don't really do a lot of performance building on them since they don't understand how to do it.:(

I agree on the cost but not the market. The HA cars were made from 78 through 85 and I'm sure there was more of them made than the IC cars, but most that have them don't really do a lot of performance building on them since they don't understand how to do it.:(

Charlie,
Some clarification on the term “Market”. :)
I agree that there are quite a few cars produced during the indicated years . . . . however, the number of enthusiasts who will actually spend $$$ on a header for a HA/Carb’d setup is very small. The “market” is defined as the number of people who will purchase a header, or header set-up". No matter the qty of cars produced the market is the number of people willing to purchase a product. ;)

Yes, I agree with your "don't understand" statement.
People do not understand, but more than that . . . they lack the patience and believe as a result of the social pressures and noise . . . . . . . :eek:

Im intrested in Headers and crossover. I already have an ATR down and up pipes but, if the price was right I might consider the whole kit.

I'm just gonna say it like it is, these cars are giant titty utters for people like Brian and to try and milk an old crusty utter even if there's still profit it's gotta be freakin loaded for them to consider it. Just my thoughts

I'm just gonna say it like it is, these cars are giant titty utters for people like Brian and to try and milk an old crusty utter even if there's still profit it's gotta be freakin loaded for them to consider it. Just my thoughts

If he is making so much proffit, what is stopping you from building some and selling them a litttle bit cheaper? I was going to build these headers for Brian. I priced out materials and labor and gave him a price that he marked up appropriately. My cost on material alone to build a pair of stainless buick v6 headers is close to $600. I put the bare minimum cost for labor in there and he came up with his price based on that. In the end, I wasn't going to make enough money to make it worth my while and everyone still thinks they cost too much. I build custom stainless turbo headers for $3K for a set and from the amount of work I do that must be a good deal. How atractive does that make a $1K set of american made turbo v6 headers look now?

What do you think I should make per hour for labor? Remember that I have close to $20K in fabrication machinery to make these and after 10 years of experience, I can crank out a header in about 6 hours. What do you think Brian should make? He was going to front the money for 10 sets of headers with no promise that they would sell.

I see ten sales in here alone but they don't want ten they want a thousand

Go back and re-read the first post. Brian was looking to build 10 sets.

hey man both my parents own business's i know exactly how it goes i just got that jew eye as well. why settle for a volkswagon when you can drive a benz

Is there an update as far as if this set is going to be built? im interested in buying a set if its between $600 or $700.

I just want some replacement maybe better than stock headers. Mine are cracked, Is there any vendor who can fix them??? Thanks guys, oh yeah and im willing to pay the 1k for some headers, anything is better than this stock manifold.

Do we need headers for the sake of stock fitment? cause I bet an adapted set of 86/87 units would do the job.

Though I understand it comes at the cost of needing all the bracketry from an IC car.... but at what point is that cost muted when a set of "new" HA headers may run as high as a G?

For puritys sake, I can understand the desire for dedicated HA headers......... but like ive mentioned before... NOBODY.... other than "us" really know what a HA car is...... how it should look.... how it would perform as it sits. Id be willing to bet the ricer in the honda next to you would call the HA some "wierd ass shitz yo" if you raped him on the street and he asked for a hood pop to see what you got. Like alien technology to the outside world.

6 Of One.... Half A Dozen Of The Other.