Header Gussets

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
My Poston (I think they're poston) have cracked again on the driver side. A few posts mention welding a gusset to prevent future cracking. Does anyone have pictures or an illustration that I could show to a local welder so I can have that done?

Here's what my local speedshop came up with. I saw the Brodix heads on their counter that were roughly the same size as my dog and told the guy "this little guys is probably going to be the smallest thing you've worked on." To my surprise the owner actually has ties to Buddy Ingersoll. Apparently knew him around the time this car made history:

He admitted the welds are ugly but he thinks it should last. We shall see! Off to the powder coater tmw morning.[/MEDIA]

Attachments

• Photo Sep 28, 10 14 33 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 28, 10 14 33 PM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • Photo Sep 28, 10 14 40 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 28, 10 14 40 PM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • Photo Sep 28, 10 14 46 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 28, 10 14 46 PM.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Here's what my local speedshop came up with. I saw the Brodix heads on their counter that were roughly the same size as my dog and told the guy "this little guys is probably going to be the smallest thing you've worked on." To my surprise the owner actually has ties to Buddy Ingersoll. Apparently knew him around the time this car made history:

He admitted the welds are ugly but he thinks it should last. We shall see! Off to the powder coater tmw morning.[/MEDIA]

Looks good to me . If he has tie's to Buddy, he more then likely knows his shit