header gaskets

I have heard that the "Remflex" gaskets are the ticket for the exhaust.
Available from TR custom.

I won't use anything but Percy's aluminum. Expensive, but worth it. Burn proof, will seal irregular surfaces.

I like the TA Performance set.
If you are just doing a change.

Those chrome looking ones you found look nice but expensive.

If you have a bad leak, warped header flange the Remflex will hold better for a while but not permanent.

Or you could buy 2 stock cheap $7 gaskets from the auto part store and stack em.

I like the TA Performance set.
If you are just doing a change.

Those chrome looking ones you found look nice but expensive.

If you have a bad leak, warped header flange the Remflex will hold better for a while but not permanent.

Or you could buy 2 stock cheap $7 gaskets from the auto part store and stack em.

Honestly, I would pay $100 for a set if they guarantee me not to blow out. I blew out a set of Felpros on my TTA in 6 passes and doing 8 hours of car work isn't fun...

The headers will be machined flat.

So the second link?

yep..... second link.

66045.jpg

Seal-4-Good Buick Stock V-6 231-252

Product Code: 66045
Price:
$44.88

Buick heads and TTA heads are different.

Send the headers to get surfaced.. use orange RTV.. and install them. You shouldnt need gaskets on factory manifolds.

I used the Felpro's on my TTA and never had an issue. They where for the 3.0 FWD Lesabre.. like 1986

Buick heads and TTA heads are different.

Send the headers to get surfaced.. use orange RTV.. and install them. You shouldnt need gaskets on factory manifolds.

I used the Felpro's on my TTA and never had an issue. They where for the 3.0 FWD Lesabre.. like 1986

Julio, I had the TTA headers milled flat and then used the Felpros (the ones you recommended). Blew out after 6 passes. Pulled it apart and had them milled again then used copper RTV and 60 passes later no issues. The tta won't see gaskets on my car I had such and awful experience.

Maybe I'll do the same for te GN. Althoight those Percys look good.

Input?

felpro 1400's here!!! i am on my 4th use of the same gasket with no issues and leaks. i use a thin film of copper rtv and they never stick or burn out

Should you re-torque header bolts occasionally to prevent the gaskets from blowing out? What should the torque be?