Header gaskets? Best to use?

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Hey there buick community, I've always eliminated header gaskets and only run copper RTV on every turbo buick I have ever owned. I am considering switching to running gaskets if there is a better product out there now that people are having great success with. For some reason, on my GN street car, I keep burning through the RTV and developing leaks again about every 1500 miles (with ALOT of full throttle abuse in between)... never had this issue before.

(this car also has "BURHEAD" Headers on it... never heard of them before, maybe part of the issue...)

Thanks Mark,

Just ordered a set for the street car, as well as a set for my Stage 2 car.

Yup!

My car used to eat felpro gaskets for lunch. I've had great luck with Remflex gaskets. Note: Just don't overtorque them. Sneek up on the torque in a pattern, like you would tighten down an intake manifold or a head. Suggested torque is ONLY 10-14 ft lbs.

Mike Barnard

I'll report back on here, but after reading more about the gaskets I ordered through Mark, I think these are going to do the job. Thanks again Mark for the quick turnaround!

The whole key is not gorilla tightening of them as previously mentioned. Mine have been on a couple years now with lots of mid 20's lbs of boost runs.

I thought stock (without gasket) was 37 ft lbs. What will happen if tightened to 37 with gaskets?

If you are using the Remflex gaskets it isn't stock any more, go by there specs. If you overtorque them you will ruin them. Gorilla tightening is not needed.