header and turbo question

boost jnky

this is my 1st gn. do you have to remove the turbo with the passenger side header or can you leave it on. i am doing this because my drivers side has the crack in it that everyone gets from time to time and just want to clean everything up and make it look nice.

this is my 1st gn. do you have to remove the turbo with the passenger side header or can you leave it on. i am doing this because my drivers side has the crack in it that everyone gets from time to time and just want to clean everything up and make it look nice.
You could take it off or leave it. Its only 3 more bolts to get it off the manifold and a bitch to put back on with the manifold and turbo bolted together

so does that mean you would leave the turbo on the motor, oh and the downpipe is still hooked up as well.

Its not that hard. Look at whats bolted together and remove it. It takes about 15minutes to remove the turbo and right side manifold with simple tools and a jack to gain easy access to the crossover bolts on the right side. Fwiw i dont leave the turbo bolted to the header unless im pulling the engine.

Pulling the turbo is easy. If the car has the stock downpipe, there are 2 bolts that hold the DP in. The turbo has 3 nuts that hold it to the header, there are 2 bolts that connect the oil drain, 2 nuts for the turbo bracket and you need to undo the oil feed tube, take off the breather tube and the intake hose. I have done it in under 30min with just open end wrenches.