Hawaii.

KC87

I know there's at least two members in Hawaii and was wondering from the boots on the ground if there's any truth to these videos and stories about the shelves being cleared out over the coronavirus. 2 people in the country have died from it and the lame stream media is yelling, "Run for the hills"

Heard that the outages on tp and paper towels were pretty extreme at Target/ Costco. I dunno... I got what I needed today.

Most of the panic buying occurring mostly in town from what I can tell. Went to Costco Waipio on Thursday and it was pretty chill (for a Costco). Still had many of the stuff sold out in other stores in town. Costco Iwilei probably the worst place to try and find stuff.

Thanks for the updates. Seems to be happening on the west coast and a story also about Brooklyn. The more the media can push this the more they'll try to blame it on Trump. Actually surprised that some people are stocking up. At least one good thing in the news today is mayor buttplug is dropping out.

unreal.... So far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000.....and now the hysteria over 2-3000 deaths from corona o_O

Yeah, I think the economic impact is way way worse than the medical side will ever be. More will perish by stampeding sheeple than the virus. Imagine if they reacted this way over traffic accidents.

The "news media" has to have something to "report". Even if it's blown way out of the realm of reality.

Since this thread was started. I would hate to hear a recap of what devastation is going on on the island. But come to think about it, all of the talk has been about the lower 48 not Hawaii or Puerto Rico ?

Since this thread was started. I would hate to hear a recap of what devastation is going on on the island. But come to think about it, all of the talk has been about the lower 48 not Hawaii or Puerto Rico ?
Whats happening here is more or less mirroring the lower 48. Cancellations of large crowd gathering and sporting events, the local University will move to online teaching after Spring Break, etc, etc. We did have a rumor circulate the island yesterday that the docks were going to shut down. Living on an island where majority of goods arrive from the mainland by ship, that would have definitely been crippling news if it were true. The rumor was eventually found to be false but it did cause another spike in panic buying. C-r-a-z-y times we are all living in.