having issue with TPS

john turbo

i am monitoring the TPS with the scanmaster and noticed that the idle and wot parameters are good butthe reaction time of the TPS seems slow when engine off ignition on, i stab the throttle to the floor and notice that the numbers on the scanmaster take a while to make any increase, seems like a slow reaction to the peddle movement. it is the orginal tps car has 55k but still is twenty five years old . also the car when running will fall on face when leaving from a stop. what do my buick brothers think? if bad who makes a quality tps for the buick?

I like the BWD brand it works good for me and has a good warranty, so you never have to pay for another one.

Advance auto parts and O'Reilly's have them. I would compare the prices at both stores before buying though whether online or by calling them. They may even do price matching If the store farthest from you has a better price.

Try rockauto.com or advanceautoparts.com. With advance if you order online you normally get a 15 - 20% discount, then select to pick it up at your nearest store.

The ALDL link is slow, so it can take up to 2 seconds for the Scanmaster values to be updated.

The best way to check the TPS is with an oscilloscope, second best is with a DVM.

RemoveBeforeFlight