Haven't even owned her an hour

Brandon Keith

Just wanted to say hello, I'm a new member and lover of the buick turbos; I also have a cool story, well, cool to me.

So I finally managed to make one of my high school dreams come true; I've always wanted a GN, and I love rare cars, so I got the next best thing to a GN; a 1987 Regal Limited Turbo with factory blacked out trim package. To put a little perspective on this diamond in the rough, it's got 202k original survivor miles, engine and trans have never been opened and I am the second owner; it also could use a paint job which is in it's near future, all of the flat upward facing surfaces have surface rust coming up through the paint, but the sides still look pretty good.

So I'm driving home in the evening from picking up my new baby, I haven't even stepped into it for the first time yet; I'm all smiles and still in shock riding down I64 on the west side of Louisville with the cruise control set at about 60mph just admiring my new beauty when I start slowly overtaking a 2010 or so Challenger; I see out of the corner of my eye this cute little thing sitting in the passenger seat giggling and pointing; just about then I hear the low grumble of a v8 kicking down at wot and the Challenger start to move, without even thinking I jam the pedal down and I'm gone; I let out of it and look back as I slow back down to 65-70, he's like waaaayyyy back behind me, had to be 5 or 6 car lengths when he does a ricer flyby, I pop back into it and I'm almost instantly reeling him back in, he got about 3 or 4 lengths on me, but when I closed the gap to about 2 or so and was still gaining he grabs the brakes and cuts across 3 lanes to head towards Indiana.

All I could think about was, awwww, I wasn't done with you yet :( That and the satisfaction of making that guy look like a turd in front of his girl :)

Sorry for the long winded post, but this is as condensed as I can make it, still smiling ear to ear just typing it out lol.

Brandon

Welcome to the turbobuick family.Cool story. Thought it might go in another less desirable direction.

Thanks for the welcome, I've only had my baby about 2 weeks and I'm already making memories and kills; I knew my car was special, but when I had my 81' limited with an olds 350 rocket I slapped together in high school, I never had people trying to race or mess with me like this lol.. On an off note, I made a deal today with a buddy at work who has a spare set of 50lb injectors w/chip for cheap since he went e85, think he's going to hook me up with a scanmaster also since he moved to a logger set up. Still all smiles and I finally have a car that's worthy of the knowledge in the old Jim Ruggles' and Jim McFarland magazines I've saved from high school

Awesome! Congratulations on your car. Welcome aboard. Way to show some people that although these cars are older, they still can beat a lot of newer performance cars:cool:

Welcome. Great way to start your relationship. I'm original owner of an 87 GN, but still learn a lot by reading on this website. Take your time tuning and getting it to what you want. Good luck

I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of buick turbo gurus nearby that have offered to give me free wisdom whenever I need it, but I'm loving this site, and it's already helped a lot with pointing me in the right direction for my goals.

I used to own a 71 Skylark GS clone with a worked 350 and a turbo 200-4r tranny. Sad part is that the my car never liked the 200-4r and ate 3 of them playing with GN's or T-Types. Last and final straw was when I lost a run against a nice GN while my tranny crapped out. Owner of the GN sarcastically told me get something better to play with next time while at the light and was gone. Long story short is that I got mad at my car which I called Christine and sold her to one of the guys in my club. I went and got myself my current 86 T -Type with not over the top, but some nice modifications. Ironically this past weekend I ran up to a light with guess who sitting there?? He smirked, the light went green and I never saw him again. SWEET!!

Welcome. No looking back now but if it has that kind of miles and hasn't been modded, make sure to do the basics (especially fuel pump) before pushing her hard. Few basics and that smile will get a LOT bigger.