Haven't been here in a while. Here's why...

cool 84

Got hotair?
I've been taking a break. Just a little too sick to look at my car or turbobuick.com.

Took the car to the bodyshop to have the much needed bodywork done. Along with the standard bodywork was GNX flares and a couple little extras. I had to take a job in Vegas while it was in there. Got a call from a relative that there were shady things going on in the bodyshop so I called a towtruck to have it towed home. Here's what I got back after many months and a $1,550 downpayment:

Didn't have rust before. If my memory is correct, it used to have mirrors.

Something seems to be missing...

Used to have door panels...

Luckily the suspension mods are still there...

Something's missing...

How it looked when dropped off...

Can't find the old pics on my Vegas computer but there's one or two on my myspace down below. With my first looks at the pics, I loaded the .45 and jumped in the car. Luckily I had 4 hours to calm down. Bodyshop doesn't exist anymore.

MySpace.com - Matt - 30 - Male - Bakersfield / Los Angeles / Mesa, Arizona - www.myspace.com/buickgn231

Hope you filed a police report

Will insurance help cover anything? Sorry man that really sucks. Good time to convert to an 87 style. I don't blame you for not being too excited about Buicks for a while. Hope you can get something recovered. Gosh it looks like they even took the radio. Keep us informed.

M:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: r
I'd walk to the end of the earth and chase the M***** down like a scolded dog!
DAMN!

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't overreacting. I was literally driving from Vegas to Bakersfield with the gun sitting on the passenger seat of my TL with the full intention of doing bad. Luckily it's a long trip and luckily for both of us, the bodyshop is no longer there.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. There might be some nice hotair parts for sale soon or I may sit on it for a while. I was thinking of buying an 86-87 and installing my longblock and sell the hotair specific stuff. Just don't want to give up. I know this car has/had 10sec potential but with a $700/month car payment now, that takes a large portion of the Buick fund. Forgot, I didn't have full coverage on it at the time. Ironically, I do now.

Cool84- I would sit tight an find another Hot Air cheap. You know the math and there are new parts to be found. Call if you need info. Brad

Cool84- I would sit tight an find another Hot Air cheap. You know the math and there are new parts to be found. Call if you need info. Brad

i will keep an eye open for those parts. i know the up-pipe and half the dp are unique. if there is anything i can do to help just let me know

brent

Sorry to hear about your loss Cool84... Scumbags. :mad:

If you're looking for something nice to swap your good parts into, my '84 is for sale... click link in sig.

BROTHER It pains me to hear this :( :( :(

I have had some of my T stuff Stolen and it really makes you feel like C*@p

I hope everything getts better for you. Just be thankful you didnt do what you were gonna do :redface: you could be behind bars right now.

Well we are all here for you and I am sure every one here will listen if you have anything else you wanna let out :redface:

My $.02...
Scrap it out, and change what driveline, misc parts you can, to a 86-87.
putting all that work into another 84-85, only leaves you with a car of lower value, and all the sweat/tears/$$, is for naught.

I assume you filed a report with the police? If not the state attorney generals office. Hey even if they stole one mirror that is still theft. They should be able to track down the MarthaFoker with the information on the body shops buisiness license and tax ID's. Heck who knows. Maybe "The Man" is looking for him too? Now that would be sweet revenge.

I didn't know Jason Dale ran a body shop...;)

That sucks man,reminds me of the heap my brother got back after his debacle...at least his was still black I guess...:mad:

...'course,at least you still have a motor and trans too...

I didn't know Jason Dale ran a body shop...;)

That sucks man,reminds me of the heap my brother got back after his debacle...at least his was still black I guess...:mad:

...'course,at least you still have a motor and trans too...

That was a low blow.... But funny. Dale straightened out... a little... after a couple years in prison lol.

Your brother's car was nice, other than the spoiler. I remember when Jason came over and was all excited to show me his "new car". I was like WTF, it's pouring gas all over the downpipe but that didn't stop him from a night of destroying it and two tanks of gas. How is Cliff now?

Thanks to everyone for the support. I know I SHOULD finally go to the 86-87 setup. That would be logical and cheaper but who knows what's going to happen. I've had this car since I was 17 (13 yrs) and it has many memories.

Turbo Riviera, I looked at your car this morning and thought about the pros and cons of purchasing it all day. Problem is, I'm going to race it and probably add an intercooler and it's just too nice to hack up. Mine had 200K miles when I bought it and had already been hacked so I didn't feel guilty. My dad put a stage II in an equally nice hotair GN and I always felt bad that he didn't put it in the 87 turbo-t instead. Looks good in there though but I couldn't do it.

Paint won a couple tropies. My rice burner in the background

Turbo Riviera, I looked at your car this morning and thought about the pros and cons of purchasing it all day. Problem is, I'm going to race it and probably add an intercooler and it's just too nice to hack up. Mine had 200K miles when I bought it and had already been hacked so I didn't feel guilty. My dad put a stage II in an equally nice hotair GN and I always felt bad that he didn't put it in the 87 turbo-t instead. Looks good in there though but I couldn't do it.

Meh, I won many a drag race in that car... At one time it had ported heads, intake, LT headers/downpipe, cam, big turbo, TH-400 etc. I made all the modifications to it without hurting the shell of the car. You'd never know I made mods to it... I never really ran it to it's full potential because I didn't know how to tune it at the time. It ran 13.25 @ 101 with about 13 PSI and part throttle due to knocking the whole way down the track. :tongue: I guess what I'm saying is, don't feel too bad about modding it. It's certainly not hacked up, but it's used to having mods. Plus, it's not that far from you... It's in Salt Lake City.

I got burned to the tune of 1700:eek: My biggest problem was i gave him the money up front. the car went from the media blaster to his garage.He sprayed it down with epoxy primer and hacked some patches on the doors and rear quarter. He had the car for 6 months when i found out he was getting divorced. I called him and he told me car was ready for paint. I had to go look at it. when i got to his house i could not believe my eyes. thats all i remember is chasing him around the car and grabbing on to him.Just as i was going to get my satifaction of beating the crap out of him my buddy that sent me to him came running down the driveway and started pulling me away from him.Thank god because i would have went to jail. I know how you feel. scumbags like that will get what they deserve. good luck with your car

Your still invited to Chandler for some beers in the garage if you like

Take your time putting it back together, I had to do a fair amount after mine got stolen.

DAMN
I feel like coming to Cali/LV and throwing down a ALABAMA AZZ whooping....
I have come to the conclusion, unless it is warranted, my car will never be at anyones shop I personally do not know. I got a friend that will be painting at my house or his shop in his backyard. I have seen horror stories: one friend got his car stolen from a Major paint chain and kept seeing his car for two days... his car was primered and the wheels changed. The Manager's brother took the car from E#$l Sh#$b was driving around in the car.... Burn outs... donuts.. and crazy launches. He finally got a chance to see the car up close and realized it has his car... The car had a LT down pipe and wastegate mounted on the crossover. The vacuum line came lose and the car was not running right. My friend went to pick up the car and it was not there! He called his cousin (Police Officer) and he got lucky. The guy was getting a flat fixed at a NTW and they stopped him.. No paperwork, wrong tag, and no proof of insurance or registration. Needless to the the Manager not only lost his job, he was sued by other owners whom cars were stolen. He actually got shot by one owner.....:eek:

Well, I hope you hold on to the car for a while. I have followed the car's progress for at least 10-12 years. I have a couple of 4.1's myself and I have different combinations: Hot and Cold. My only difference is the 87 intakes with modded bonnets. I can go from Hot to Cold in 15mins.