Has anyone ever filed a Paypal dispute?

TRFanatic

Hi guys,

looks like Justin Gunn is long gone with my $180.00 Paypal from November. Has anyone ever filed a dispute with them? Am I too late?

thanks alot,

Ravi

It's been a while since I had to dispute a charge with PayPal, there is a definite time within you must file a complaint, 60 days I think.

It's been a while since I had to dispute a charge with PayPal, there is a definite time within you must file a complaint, 60 days I think.

He is correct 60days!!! I think you might be biting the bullet on this one :eek:

He is correct 60days!!! I think you might be biting the bullet on this one :eek:

It appears that way. What would I do if this ever happened again and someone is on their "deathbed"?? I tried to give someone with what was described as "life threatening" the benefit of the doubt but in the end I Lose - that sucks.
Unfortunately he has had someone decent people fooled and defending him.

Hopefully they will stop.

Ravi

I have a rule when it comes to Paypal.

Paypal will insist the safest way is to pay with your checking account but that is bull.

There is an option when you are ready to pay with Paypal to use your credit card. I always select this option. Then a message will appear asking you if you are sure because using your checking account is much safer. Bull! check off to use the credit card.

You credit card company will back you up way better than Paypal will.

I've had my own problem with paypal years ago and was screwed. i now pay for any item over $100 with my credit card through paypal. I even had concert tickets from ticket master, who never refunds anything, refunded trough my credit card company on a paypal purchase.

I just filed my 2nd one today (already resolved) and the time period is now 45 days. Both of mine have been against merchants, one who shipped a broken Detroit locker and the other who failed to deliver (or respond to e-mails) in a timely manner.

Paypal and Ebay can both get bent. I sold a custom Corvette on Ebay 3times. All three times the buyer jerked me around, the last buyer was so bold as to tell me "go ahead and file a complaint Im closing my paypal and Ebay account in the AM". I found it hard to work with and forget getting a live employee on the phone. I did have a few good transactions befor this but when I needed help they were not there for me.

Be sure and post your info here for all TB members to see,,, as well as the feedback section. I think we will get quite a few threads there before this ordeal is over...

Login | Facebook

Paypal will insist the safest way is to pay with your checking account but that is bull.

....use your credit card. Your credit card company will back you up way better than Paypal will.

+1 absolutely.... I would NEVER give my checking acct. # to paypal.... just use the credit card to fund your paypal acct..., and you are covered no matter what... if paypal won't fix it, the credit card company will.... I can't believe people don't understand this.... once the money is gone from your checking acct., it's gone with no recourse.... credit card debt is totally different.... and disputable...:confused:

it use to be 30 days. 60 days is more reasonable if thats what it is now. I know many who have lost their life for less then $180. maybe the punishment didnt fit the crime but life aint always fair. such cowards over the internet

+1 absolutely.... I would NEVER give my checking acct. # to paypal.... just use the credit card to fund your paypal acct..., and you are covered no matter what... if paypal won't fix it, the credit card company will.... I can't believe people don't understand this.... once the money is gone from your checking acct., it's gone with no recourse.... credit card debt is totally different.... and disputable...:confused:

Thats why they want you to use your checking account cause the CC company can stiff them.

I've seen adds where people are asking for you to send the money as a gift to avoid the fees. Wouldn't this prevent recourse if the itemp delivered were not as advertised

I've filed numerous times. Most have gone well without problems but one or two not so well.

Peter

Thats why they want you to use your checking account cause the CC company can stiff them.

I've seen adds where people are asking for you to send the money as a gift to avoid the fees. Wouldn't this prevent recourse if the itemp delivered were not as advertised

Sending the money as a gift forfeits the chance of Paypal backing you up. Your C.C. company should still do it though ---

I think it is 45 days. the CC idea is pretty good for a big chunk. That would be the way to go in an untrustworthy transaction.

Always look at the feedback rating on ebay if its less than 99% I keep looking elsewhere for merchandise over a $100.

I'll give the person a chance if the feedback is 98% for less than $100 especially if its been over 6 months or a reasonable reason for them with a low rating I go back and read the feedback. EVERY Time.

Paypal to send money?

I don't do the gift thing, sounds too fishy to me.
I always clik or list it for --- goods--- and on the message that you would like to send the recipient of the money for the goods I leave a message stating what the transaction is: Thanks Mr._______ for the (1987 buick 3.8 engine), for the price of $______ that you quoted me; please ship it to my address ''____________". Hope to hear from you soon.

If the 30/45/ days or so about up. I'll call and email a week or two ahead. I'll email once. then I'll file the complaint ASAP. Sometimes that gets there attention. If not they have a certain time to respond or you could always drop it and say the dispute was settled if you did receive your item it'll just make em think to ship or get on the ball quicker next time.
I have received Most/ not all of my money on something once or twice a long time ago. example. if its for $100 by the time the dispute was over I received $80 or so. cant remember.

Oh yeah you can get it touch with PP by phone I have every time you just have to wait a loooooonnnnng time. But they will call you back, or will have you waiting on the phone if i remember correctly a long time.

Hope this help, but still be careful.

In all my years of doing business on Ebay and with Paypal, had to file on 2 almost back to back with good ratings, they are also the only 2 that I have ever given negative feedback on. While I did get my money back, it's a very slow process...buyer beware in these times!