Has anybody used a Wrenchrat turbo kit?

GNXkid

BOOST
I was thinking about purchasing a Wrenct Rat Twin turbo kit for my TR project. I was wondering has anybody used this kit on their Regal? If so how well do the parts fit? Or how much modification was done to kit it to fit?
Thanks.

Mostly DIY'ers here. Kits are made, not usually purchased. As far as this kit, I have never heard of it.

have a kit sitting on my shelfs for a future TT SBC build . very nice setup . should fit in a GBody no problem . it was designed to fit in a 67-68 GM sub frame . Plenty of room between the fenders in a Gbody . The only thing I could see that may cause a problem would be the upper control arms . A set of tubular uppers would more than likely fix the problem . I was told the samething by the guy who designed the kit .

YouTube - R.O.D.S Xtreme 10.5 dragradial 1/8 mile race Oct. 2010

YouTube - Jonathan Ballew 1042 Horsepower Twin-Turbo '67 Chevelle

YouTube - Jonathan Ballew '67 Chevelle Dyno Pulls

YouTube - TWIN TURBO AC COBRA - WRENCHRAT

Attachments

• 19823198-285-TWIN-TURBO-Headers-HotSide.jpg
    19823198-285-TWIN-TURBO-Headers-HotSide.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,985
  • les2.jpg
    les2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,791
  • DSCN0367.jpg
    DSCN0367.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4,851
  • IMG_0002_2.jpg
    IMG_0002_2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMG_0002_3.jpg
    IMG_0002_3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,633
Thanks for the info. I think I will try the headers and down pipe for my project. I can modify them if I have to. Stay tuned.

That looks nice

have a kit sitting on my shelfs for a future TT SBC build . very nice setup . should fit in a GBody no problem . it was designed to fit in a 67-68 GM sub frame . Plenty of room between the fenders in a Gbody . The only thing I could see that may cause a problem would be the upper control arms . A set of tubular uppers would more than likely fix the problem . I was told the samething by the guy who designed the kit .

YouTube - R.O.D.S Xtreme 10.5 dragradial 1/8 mile race Oct. 2010

YouTube - Jonathan Ballew 1042 Horsepower Twin-Turbo '67 Chevelle

YouTube - Jonathan Ballew '67 Chevelle Dyno Pulls

YouTube - TWIN TURBO AC COBRA - WRENCHRAT

Thanks for the info. I think I will try the headers and down pipe for my project. I can modify them if I have to. Stay tuned.

I would give the owner Steve or his right hand man Brian Wolfe a call with any questions you may have . real cool guys and they will bend over backwards to help you out . :) IMO for the money... I think you can't beat it vs time/money fabbing up your own .if a twin turbo kit is what your looking for . It is a very well thought out design allowing it to fit almost anywhere you can drop a SBC into . :) I'm still on the fence about going this route and may go towards a Procharger setup instead (the SBC I'm building can go either way ). only reason being .... I just want to maybe try something different than turbos after having my TR for 11+ years . :) so keep your eyes posted in the for sale section , my kit may come up for sale at a GREAT price . :wink:

I was thinking about purchasing a Wrenct Rat Twin turbo kit for my TR project. I was wondering has anybody used this kit on their Regal? If so how well do the parts fit? Or how much modification was done to kit it to fit?
Thanks.
Just ordered a kit from Steve at Wrenchrat. Might take a while, slow boat to Hawaii. Great to work with so far with the usual questions and e-mail tag, always returned calls and very helpful. Stay tuned for the install.

Read the new Wrenchrat article today in this Aprils Car Craft . Pretty good . :) Not a real in-depth feature article but some good info . and enough to give you a idea of what the kit is capable of . :)

Attachments

• ccrp_1104_01_z+april_2011+cover_of_car_craft_magazine.jpg
    ccrp_1104_01_z+april_2011+cover_of_car_craft_magazine.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,247
One thing in the write up I forgot to mention . I was very surprise to see that they mentioned a Hyd Roller Cam was used to make that kind of HP (936hp) in a small cube engine vs using a Solid Roller . Unless it was a miss print or I didn't read it properly . :)

paid for a kit from Steve on 2-11-11... now 2-17-11.... no emailed receipt or shipping info as of yet..spoke to him a few times....will keep u posted on it..

paid for a kit from Steve on 2-11-11... now 2-17-11.... no emailed receipt or shipping info as of yet..spoke to him a few times....will keep u posted on it..

Hang in there I'm sure it will be on it's way . :) Steve is a good guy . I'm sure the recent CC article has set his phone lines on fire . :D . I mentioned to him by email awhile back that he should start up a Wrenchrat forum/board . something with tech help , tips and tricks , combo's , etc . He sound interested and open to the idea . It would be a great way for others and Steve to spread info . Hey... trbo355 did you read this to pass along to Steve ? :D :)

Did you buy the full out kit with turbos included ?

Yes..bought a complete kit..upgraded to BB 62's and tial wastegates......said everything would ship minus a few claps and blow off vale..and im cool with that....said all was in stock...He has been good to me so far when we speak...and im looking forward to the kit....but comin from some one who is a service manager and owned a performance shop....I am always on my p's and q's with large money purchases with new to me companies....Im very fair person....so We shall see..lol

Yes..bought a complete kit..upgraded to BB 62's and tial wastegates......said everything would ship minus a few claps and blow off vale..and im cool with that....said all was in stock...He has been good to me so far when we speak...and im looking forward to the kit....but comin from some one who is a service manager and owned a performance shop....I am always on my p's and q's with large money purchases with new to me companies....Im very fair person....so We shall see..lol

Nice....what combo are you planning on bolting it up to ? cu/in, blow thru , EFI , heads , etc ? :)

have a 355 that had a blower on it...new little M block AFR 210 ported heads....made 750hp or so with blower and 9 lbs of boost....should do a little better with the turbo kit and more boost......and blow thru carb set up....

Sorry it took Steve a bit to get back to you, the phone's have been on fire since the Car Craft article came out. We shipped a couple box's out today and yours was one of them (shipping # emailed to you), there is a build sheet with the few piece's on back-order and we are expecting them thur.-fri. of next week and they will be shipped to you ASAP!

Thanks for the order's guys! Please let us know if you have any issue's or any idea's on where improvements can be made.

If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email.

Thanks again,
Brian Wolfe
Wrenchrat Inc.
wrenchratbw@comcast.net
(509)714-0226

I got my headers turbos and wastegates today..everything looks good...will see when the rest shows up....I can say he does do a very good job of packing it!

I got my headers turbos and wastegates today..everything looks good...will see when the rest shows up....I can say he does do a very good job of packing it!

Very happy to hear that the hot-side showed up safe and sound, there will be another box being shipped out to you tomorrow! :D

Thanks,
Brian Wolfe
Wrenchrat Inc.
(509)714-0226

should be VERY interesting to see what people will be doing and achieving with these wrenchrat kits being sold over the next little while . :D :)

well Im not building a GN or T T-Type this time :( but building a truck....if U like ill post up a pick of the truck so far...1978 K 5 Blazer 2wd....not to much done yet but u might get the idea...