Harsh 2-3 shift?

77 cruiser

May 24, 2001
Int`l Falls MN
Visit site
A guy on another site has a Bowtie 200-4r & say the 1-2 are good 3-4 is good but 2-3 very harsh. I don't know if it can be sent back or not.
It's a stage 1, don't know what they do to them other than what other than the reading on there site.
He did say the plate is drilled & a plug installed for direct. If they are talking the checkball if it was removed & not plugged could that be it?

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Jan 5, 2004
Elberon,Va
Hard to say without know exactly what they did. Bowtie 200 probably won't last that long anyways.

Reactions: Otto J

WE4

TBcom Admin /Prayers NYFD/NYPD
May 24, 2001
Galt, Ca.
Just a stupid question but is lockup engaging in second then shifting 2-3 locked up?
If not I would be looking to see if it is tying up or "binding"? if so speed up the band coming off. See if you get any change? easy enough to try.

77 cruiser

May 24, 2001
Int`l Falls MN
Visit site
I asked him that & he said no on the LU. He went through Bowtie & they directed him to some TV adjustments. He did & said it's better, sounds like it's good enough. They told him about a drill & plug they are doing to the plate or VB but wouldn't get specific, top secret stuff.
I just told GOOD luck.

David Husek

Turbo Buick Performance
I spoke with him a few days ago. They wanted him to change out his boost valves to smaller ones. The trans is low on pressure already. I mentioned to fine tune his TV adjustment as the BTO TV setup is trick. It lets you adjust the light throttle TV pressures without affecting wide open. I keep them in stock for 4100 carbs...

Top Bottom