Harley Twin Cam - Performance Question

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
My brother is interested in a little more power for his 2004 Harley, and was looking at a procharger. According to the tech at procharger, its' $6300 and good for about +45 WHP. I have been out of the loop for over 10 years on this Harley performance stuff so looking for feedback.

Wondering if any of you boost addicts :D have experience with this set-up, or have a proven recipe for a little more reliable performance.

I wouldn't sink $6k+ in a 04 Harley. I'ld sell it and get an new Indian. Way better bike.

I don't disagree but that strategy is not real easy in Europe.

Don't know about Europe but I know if you hit it right you can save some good coin on an Indian. My boss got a Dark Horse and traded his V Rod for it and money. Got more then he hoped for on the Harley and money off the new bike.

My brother is interested in a little more power for his 2004 Harley, and was looking at a procharger. According to the tech at procharger, its' $6300 and good for about +45 WHP. I have been out of the loop for over 10 years on this Harley performance stuff so looking for feedback.

Wondering if any of you boost addicts :D have experience with this set-up, or have a proven recipe for a little more reliable performance.

Have a friend who would know. I think it all depends upon the bike though? However, most can expect a 50-75% (or greater) increase in horsepower.

https://www.procharger.com/motor-power/motorcycles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although he might look into an S&S 124” big bore / stroker kit too, as that might net him somewhat similar results? Well, maybe not quite as much. However, it’s cheaper and can you imagine a SC on a 124” motor? WOWZER!!

https://www.sscycle.com/products/12...all-2007-17-balanced-big-twins-wrinkle-black/

I made a few calls and although 2004 is an even year, is an odd year for Harleys and a lot of stuff wil not fit. Let me see if he wants to spray it with a 50 shot. Lol

I have a S&S 124" in my '09 Dyna. Bolt in, no fuss, 140hp for about the same $$$ as a Pro Charger. An S&S also comes with a warranty! Both setups need drivetrain upgrades - clutch, primary adjuster, ect. These costs need to be taken into consideration when planning a build.Plan on at least $1500 extra for supporting upgrades no matter what route you go.

Cubes work, no BS.

I've owned a motorcycle shop for the last 20+ years and spent a lot of time researching my personal upgrade. The general consensus is that a turbo kit has more low end than the supercharger, which I understand usually doesn't apply. Trask has a very cool setup for a turbo.

I have a friend with a 103" kit, worked motor with heads, cams, nitrous and I school him every time. My setup has more HP, all the time, than his does on the spray. It's a hoot! I have more torque at 2000 rpm than peak torque on a stock bike. I buy a lot of rear tires. My bike looks and acts stock until you twist the throttle.

I'm a dealer for just about anything M/C related. I would be happy to hook up a fellow TR enthusiast.

Fuelmoto FTW... they built me a badass big bore... new SG will get a 124 after the Buick’s motor is done

I have a S&S 124" in my '09 Dyna. Bolt in, no fuss, 140hp for about the same $$$ as a Pro Charger. An S&S also comes with a warranty! Both setups need drivetrain upgrades - clutch, primary adjuster, ect. These costs need to be taken into consideration when planning a build.Plan on at least $1500 extra for supporting upgrades no matter what route you go.

Cubes work, no BS.

I've owned a motorcycle shop for the last 20+ years and spent a lot of time researching my personal upgrade. The general consensus is that a turbo kit has more low end than the supercharger, which I understand usually doesn't apply. Trask has a very cool setup for a turbo.

I have a friend with a 103" kit, worked motor with heads, cams, nitrous and I school him every time. My setup has more HP, all the time, than his does on the spray. It's a hoot! I have more torque at 2000 rpm than peak torque on a stock bike. I buy a lot of rear tires. My bike looks and acts stock until you twist the throttle.

I'm a dealer for just about anything M/C related. I would be happy to hook up a fellow TR enthusiast.

That’s killer testimony right there! And to put that 140 hp in perspective, the stock H.O. Motor in a 1986 Monte Carlo SS only had 190 hp.

So, a Dyna with what 600-700 lbs MAX compared to a what like a 3,650 lbs car? Yeah, that’s a rip snorting good time. I mean, sure the Carlo was slow (14-15 second 1/4 mile in stock form). However, lose 3,000 lbs and only 50 hp and you have yourself a tire shredding machine.

The SS Carlo would have been roughly 0.0525 horsepower per pound. Whereas the Hawg would have roughly 22.1252 horsepower per pound. That’s fun stuff!!

The black bike on the lift... Over 160+hp on just 8psi boost & 93-octane, 95"er.

Attachments

• 17239766_10208031021802657_2526209906503080613_o.jpg
    17239766_10208031021802657_2526209906503080613_o.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 55