Assorted Parts Individual or Package Deal

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have a pair. They're going back before they drop a car on my face. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

screen-shot-2020-05-19-at-2-18-41-pm-1589912343.png

Yikes! Let me guess... Made in China (like everything else) right? I bought Made in USA Lincoln jack stands and floor jack about 10 years ago... it was four times the price as everything else at the time but everyone I talked to that had Lincoln floor jacks they lasted 30 years or more... built like a Sherman Tank and they are HEAVY!

Yikes! Let me guess... Made in China (like everything else) right? I bought Made in USA Lincoln jack stands and floor jack about 10 years ago... it was four times the price as everything else at the time but everyone I talked to that had Lincoln floor jacks they lasted 30 years or more... built like a Sherman Tank and they are HEAVY!

Yup. The NHTSA report indicates the tooling got so worn out the pawl doesn't engage the teeth in the bar well enough. If the load shifts and unloads the jack, it could disengage.

Bad QC at the factory. Allowed the product to drift out of spec as the tooling wore.

Just picked up US JACK CO 6 ton stands myself. They were 4x’s the cost but After looking at the harbor freight jack stands I figured the extra cost was an investment in my personal longevity!! Plus they are 100% made in the USA with US materials too!

They can't even get the recall right, Have a set of the 61196 stands but they say 3 ton on them not 6 ton. I usually use a jack as a backup to jackstands.

I have the Torin brand 3 and 6 ton jack stands. Can't remember if I bought them on line or at HF...... they say "Made in China". I'm betting they're made in the same damn factory, only painted a different color. I believe this recall will get bigger.........

Jus' sayin'.........

As Mark says above, I use a hydraulic bottle or rolling jack as a back up, but that's HF brand, too. :oops:

Last edited:
I have the Torin brand 3 and 6 ton jack stands. Can't remember if I bought them on line or at HF...... they say "Made in China". I'm betting they're made in the same damn factory, only painted a different color. I believe this recall will get bigger.........

Jus' sayin'.........

As Mark says above, I use a hydraulic bottle or rolling jack as a back up, but that's HF brand, too. :oops:
Tha

Jus' sayin'.........

I had my set of 3T torin well over 20 years, tough and solid. I did just last year replaced my torin floor jack with an Alum Arcan , weighs damn near half as the torin.

I always use both the stands and the jack together. Lately I'm getting lazy and using a scissor jack with a battery drill. Easy to move around, doesn't take up alot of floor space and goes up fast. Either way I back it up with jack stands.

The snap-on jack stands I bought almost 15 years ago still working like a charm. Dang that’s a big recall

I have had these stands a long time. They are not the same brand but I bet they came from the same Chinese factory as they look identical. The catch paw on these looks long enough.

100_3782.JPG