Happiness is.........Footbraking your way to a 1.41 60' followed by

fastblackracing

a 1.40 then a 1.37 and then another 1.37. Had the opportunity to get in on a private track rental today at norwalk. The weather was pretty hatefull 93 degrees and 60% humidity but still managed to run new personal best times 9.94 and 9.9o. MPH was 134 -135, was trying to add boost every run but only got it up 1#. boost was 28 to 30, launched at 7 to 10 pounds and had a great day........ Thanks to pacecarta for some direction in a rear suspension thread I posted about 6 weeks ago....... Put in upper arm relocation buckets, made our own anti-roll bar and put in qa1 double adjustable rear coil overs. Mickey 275's. ..... Worked on the tune up some and found out the car weighs more than I thought....3640..... need to look over the logs and see what we can improve......Next time out will be a few months in much better weather.

Solid 60ft!that's pretty terrible weather conditions your racing in and you should pickup quite a bit with better weather.nice 9 sec pass

I would be ecstatic with that 60' !!!

Nicely done

Bryan

Always nice to see hard work pay off. Congrats!
Thanks Jerryl and phoneguy, The car was down on power a bit from where I think it should be but part of that is weather and it was the first time out, There is something happening with the timing in the fast box. The first run of the day it went 10.03 and it ran clean every pass we just need to refine the tune-up more. The best part was my son and dad was there to share it with. Mannie jr. did alot of the work this time....he made the 5" intake pipe and did all of the rear suspension work and set up. .....So you had Mannie #5,#6,#&#7 there, our namesake goes back to 1812. over 200 year run on the same name. pretty cool. Thanks again guys this was a long time coming.

I don't have a cage in the car so I can't run at my track. I need to get mine dialed in. Last year at Bowling Green I was 1.7 -1.8 ...
But I was having severe issues with boost at the line. 2.9 psi launch was all it would do. Did go 6.67@ 107 mph in the eighth mile though at 24.9 psi

Bryan

Awesome!!
What are you using for brakes? Car didnt look like it was trying to push at all

Bryan

I have the s 10 cyliders, long shoes on both sides and a manual bypass around the proportining valve. The biggest help was stainless flex lines to replace the rubbers, and making darn shure all of the air is out of the system. I have a manual trans brake but its not needed right now. those launches were between 7 and 10 pounds.

I have the s 10 cyliders, long shoes on both sides and a manual bypass around the proportining valve. The biggest help was stainless flex lines to replace the rubbers, and making darn shure all of the air is out of the system. I have a manual trans brake but its not needed right now. those launches were between 7 and 10 pounds.
Thanks, I have all of this but the bypass and both long shoes....Need to bleed the system to see if I can gain anything. Much appreciated

Bryan

Thanks, I have all of this but the bypass and both long shoes....Need to bleed the system to see if I can gain anything. Much appreciated

Bryan
I used a big syringe? with a piece of vac hose on it to suck fluid out of each bleeder before we pressure bled the 4 corners. The way it is right now it will hold 20 on my shop floor The boost came up so fast when I was testing it I was not prepared. depending on what you use for street tires the rears may be touchy, with fresh 275 mt's it does not lock up when stopping.

I'd like to see how you relocated your upper control arms. I can't get my car to 60ft anymore on drag radials, and I'm running about the same mph.

I used a big syringe? with a piece of vac hose on it to suck fluid out of each bleeder before we pressure bled the 4 corners. The way it is right now it will hold 20 on my shop floor The boost came up so fast when I was testing it I was not prepared. depending on what you use for street tires the rears may be touchy, with fresh 275 mt's it does not lock up when stopping.

Is the jump valve adjustable, or on/off deal? I recall seeing them some yrs back. Never had 1.
Does the car have hydraboost on it?

Is the jump valve adjustable, or on/off deal? I recall seeing them some yrs back. Never had 1.
Does the car have hydraboost on it?
The bypass valve is a quarter turn stainless instrumentation valve, it either on or off. I still run the power master. If you would like info on the valve and fittings I can get that for you. cost was like 80$ 20 years back.

The bypass valve is a quarter turn stainless instrumentation valve, it either on or off. I still run the power master. If you would like info on the valve and fittings I can get that for you. cost was like 80$ 20 years back.
Interested as well

Bryan