had a scary moment racing

topfuel

nitro sniffer
We had John Force in the other lane on Saturdays qualifying session.
Both cars make side by side 300mph passes and suddenly John makes a hard move into Bodes lane in the shutdown area. Thses pics tell the story of how close it was, look at the shadows on the track.

My heart started racing when I saw these pics for the first time.
Any contact would have meant certain disaster, these cars were going 300 when the pics were taken. I'm so grateful no one was hurt.

FORCE-BODE TRY BUMP DRAFTING

Amazing it didn't turn into a rear-ender when John pulled the 'chutes. Glad no one was hurt.

Johns pilot chutes left scuff marks on our roof. He was directly in front of Bode when he pulled the chutes. Bode said "I couldn't see a thing when his chutes blossomed in my windshield"

Wow...amazing stuff. Not that I'd know, but I would think that at that speed, you're just along for the ride no matter what happens!! Glad it was only a "near miss".

Make posters out of the pictures, they are sure to sell. BTW... More importantly, I'm glad no one was hurt! Cheers!

I was at the 800 ft mark on that pass and it scared me:eek:They interviewed Force and said he pushed his air mask up and could not see:eek:Glad all is well with you guys.Best of luck this season:biggrin:

Kevin

Mike,
Nice chatting with you at the track on Thursday. Wasn't that the first pass on the new body? I can't believe that you guys can turn that car around in less than 90 minutes, yet it takes over FOUR YEARS to fix the TB.:D

Just invite the your crue over to your house after work for some overtime.:cool:

Good luck at the Gator Nats.

Mike Barnard

Wow, that must have happened in the blink of an eye. Glad everyone's ok.

I saw that on TV and said out loud, "WTF???, why did he pull the chute THEN??"... that was lucky as hell.... glad nothing came of it... I'm not a Force fan... 'specially after that BS last year when he 'struck the tires at the hit' against Hight to get him into the chase....big freakin' surprise.... :rolleyes: that was a BS cheat move, IMO... Pedrigon bros. called it right...