Gun Show Frenzy

The price of Ammo is nuts! Any of you boys try the Russian stuff? I like the Silver Bear, got some wolf but haven't tried it yet... .223 Rounds are hard to find in bulk.... The .308 AR stuff has passed the price of .223:eek:

I bet the boys at the gun factories love Obama for the minute;)

Never had a problem with Wolf, gettting hard to find. The cases I recently picked up were Yugo, good quality, comes in the old military crates. The .308 stuff was getting out of hand, which is why I was eager to let go of my ar-10.

Heard a dealer at the show a couple of weeks ago say if he knew obama was going to sell so many guns, he would have voted for him :eek:

Heard a dealer at the show a couple of weeks ago say if he knew obama was going to sell so many guns, he would have voted for him :eek:

LOL!!!

7.62x39 same here. Was under .25c/rd last month, now over .30!:mad:
I think I've gotten all I can for now. Started really stocking up when it was still .18c!!! Wolf and the occasional Yugo tin is All I've seen in a while. Just gave the $300 for HP. I hadn't even seen any of that in some time.

Picked up a few clear mags for the wife. Anybody like those poly's? They don't rattle around as much but I still like the steel. Just hope my back orders come in so I don't end up paying current prices for em!

LOL!!!

7.62x39 same here. Was under .25c/rd last month, now over .30!:mad:
I think I've gotten all I can for now. Started really stocking up when it was still .18c!!! Wolf and the occasional Yugo tin is All I've seen in a while. Just gave the $300 for HP. I hadn't even seen any of that in some time.

Picked up a few clear mags for the wife. Anybody like those poly's? They don't rattle around as much but I still like the steel. Just hope my back orders come in so I don't end up paying current prices for em!

Haven't tried the polys for my AK.. just picked up a 15rd poly for my Saiga .410.. that looks pretty stout. I was worried about durability, but it seems to be made well.

Lucky for me I picked up a few extra 40rd mags for the AK before TSHTF. Still have a case of the cheap ammo.. wish I would've bought another case tho.

That 7.62x25 rd. is one fun rd. to play with. I have a cz 52 and love it fun to shoot. That gun is an easy on to clean too. I think that i only paid 125.00 for it but that was 5+ years ago. Watch what you do buy for the ammo because thier are two other rounds that are very idenical. That is the 30 mauser and.....da*m mind went blink i will have to look it up.

Found it it is the 30 luger. Watch what u buy in the 7.62x25 ammo! :)

Anybody like those poly's? They don't rattle around as much but I still like the steel.

I recently picked up a couple of 30rd P-Mags for my WASR 10. One thing I've noticed, if you have a stamped receiver, you will have to work with each mag to make it fit properly. IE: more polymer than space allows. Lots of casting flash and seams that make fitment bad.

I used an xacto knife and carefully trimmed until each one fit perfectly. Make sure you clean your action throughly after you do this fitment as the trimmings can gum up the works over time. The poly mags do reduce overall weight. I have yet to field test mine, but I'm sure they will do just fine. They cycle very smoothly as well, fully loaded down to the last round, vs my other Romanian 30rd mags.

It is pretty nuts up here as well. Best advice I can tell everyone is to shop around, make some physical phone calls to check stock on anything firearm related. Because, most shops that have websites do not get a chance to update their sites in time to tell true availability. It's best to call them to find out. Do your research online to check prices on stuff. Couple of good sites,

cheaperthandirt.net midwayusa.com brownells.com sportsmansguide.com

All of these sites are excellent sources for your small needs like ammo and small parts. Most all rifle manufacturers are 6-8 months out when you place an order. Demand is that high right now. Get the stuff you want now, while you can.

Pick up a shotgun news and start calling the dealers. You'd be suprised what you can find with a little phone time. The only thing you have to deal with is shipping through UPS. If you'r in FT worth there's one other place you can check. Military gun supply off 820 east. I think it's off rosedale.

I recently picked up a couple of 30rd P-Mags for my WASR 10. One thing I've noticed, if you have a stamped receiver, you will have to work with each mag to make it fit properly. IE: more polymer than space allows. Lots of casting flash and seams that make fitment bad.

I used an xacto knife and carefully trimmed until each one fit perfectly. Make sure you clean your action throughly after you do this fitment as the trimmings can gum up the works over time. The poly mags do reduce overall weight. I have yet to field test mine, but I'm sure they will do just fine. They cycle very smoothly as well, fully loaded down to the last round, vs my other Romanian 30rd mags.

It is pretty nuts up here as well. Best advice I can tell everyone is to shop around, make some physical phone calls to check stock on anything firearm related. Because, most shops that have websites do not get a chance to update their sites in time to tell true availability. It's best to call them to find out. Do your research online to check prices on stuff. Couple of good sites,

cheaperthandirt.net midwayusa.com brownells.com sportsmansguide.com

All of these sites are excellent sources for your small needs like ammo and small parts. Most all rifle manufacturers are 6-8 months out when you place an order. Demand is that high right now. Get the stuff you want now, while you can.

The Bulgerian 30's I got fit everything I have tight but fine.
I'm liking J&Gsales and CDNN (.com) and a handful of others too. The telephone is mandatory. Everything on my last order from Sportsman's Guide was on backorder! Hope it all comes in! Just got one item that was back ordered today!

Still have a case of the cheap ammo.. wish I would've bought another case tho.

I'm trying to find the line between want/need and what's reasonble. Thinking that if TS[REALLY]HTF, in a protracted situation where there's No Back-up coming Ever...I dunno where that line is.

The wife says she was telling her girlfriends of how smitten I am w/my new GF and was asked if that meant an AK was for sale. She said "Hell NO, that's back-up!" LOVE that woman!

Duh, shoulda mentioned that the RPK is what the wife's callin my new GF since we're out together every day so far!

Get the stuff you want now, while you can.

YA before everyone buys up all the guns and parades down the streets firing and chanting "we need a job!":eek:

unemployment rate around here is the highest in the country........I can imagine many people resorting to guns soon to take matters into their own hands if things don't get better.....

I'm trying to find the line between want/need and what's reasonble. Thinking that if TS[REALLY]HTF, in a protracted situation where there's No Back-up coming Ever...I dunno where that line is.

FWIW... all the Crazy ppl (looking less crazy each passing day)who like to plan for SHTF scenarios.. all seem to think that 10K rounds(for each caliber you own), with reloading ability is MINIMUM. (I'm WAY under stocked..LOL).

Took the eight year old out yesterday to shoot his new .22 browning. He loved it!!! We made him study the saftey booklet for a couple of days and take a quiz on it before he could go. I had my AK with me and shot a clip, my son looks up and says I think I can handle that one. Should have seen the look on his face the first round he sent downrange. He says, Wow that kicks, better hold it tighter and proceeds to squeeze off the rest of the clip. I was pretty impressed!!!

Well i desided to post this here just so every one can see this for safty.This is what i mean by watch what you buy in the 7.62x25 ammo. the picks are not the best but some of you with better computer skills then i will be able to blow them up to see the demitions.I dont want to scare annyony from buying a 7.62x25 cal. gun but as i say just watch what you buy. Dont go to the gun show and say there is a small bag of 7.62x25 and buy it and it is unmarked.You might not be getting it.

Attachments

• 1014082122.jpg
    1014082122.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 1014082122a.jpg
    1014082122a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 1014082123.jpg
    1014082123.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 199