Gun Show Frenzy

Rivical

Growing Member
Anybody been to a gun show lately? It's nuts! High Dollar Junk.:confused: Good stuff Insanely priced.:rolleyes: Arm and a leg for ammo.:eek: Dwindling selection unless you want a shotgun, compared to one I went to before the election. I was disappointed at the one I went to this wkd. At least I went to a good store on the way home and spent time with a friend.:D That made up for the long drive and sardine can crowd.

That's why I stocked up last year.. I just added another toy to the arsenal but I agree the prices are getting outrageous..

We just had a gun show a couple of weeks ago, I knew it was going to be crazy when there was a line of 3-400 people waiting to get inside. I bought another ak-47 that a couple of years ago would have gone for $300. I paid $500 for it, and there were 3 people in line behind me to buy it if I didn't. Amo prices were through the roof also. A friend of mine works at a local gun shop and he said gun sales are up over 400%.

I will say this much THANK GOD I RELOAD!!! Prices have gone up on this stuff to but i have sat down and did some math and some things are still cheeper to reload but others are not. If you want to just plink it is a good thing to mold your own bullets. But if you want to stock up for a war you might be better off to buy. Yes gun prices are nuts!!!! I have a WWII British 303 that i payed 100.00 for a few years ago. Now i cant get one for under 450.00 :eek: WTF. I will stop there before i go on a rampage:p

The funny thing is that while I complained all the while paying high gas prices, I think these gun prices almost are justifiable. If faced with potential end of a significant part of my business I'd be making it while I could too! Just the same, I enjoyed seeing the older guys who were offering better prices. Guess they've weathered many a storm. I'm really noticing the deals are at the local gun stores. I Really didn't need another, but I got a PK this wkd. At a gun store. At a Great price!:D Mama even liked it!:cool: I was SURE she'd Kill me!

Just got home from a show! Been to three in the last month! Prices are definetely up, but there can still be some good deals found. Recently added an AK, browning .22 buckmark rifle, benelli nova pump, and a Kimber Pro Carry .45. Traded my AR-10 for all except the AK. Also picked up another sks for 250 today. As far as ammo, the best I have seen is cases of 1120 rounds (7.62x39) for 300. Had to grab a few at that price.

Any of you gun guys go to a show and see a box or more of .45 win-mag ammo, get it for me and I'll re-imburse ya;) . I think Winchester makes the .45 win-mag ammo only once a year. I bet a box of 25 is over $50 now:( . I haven't found any in a shop in over 5 years!

My collection is staying like it is for a while. With mr obombout in office every one is worried about his politcs. When there's fear things go up. I wish I still had the gun shop but we lost it a few years ago when all this started. Lost just about everything in the process.

rivical just curious where the gun show you went to was? i live in lima and the guy i work with went and said the same thing you did. just curious if it was the same show,jeff

I'm looking for a kimber of some form... shot one of those and an M1 garand a few weeks ago and i'm hooked!

I'm looking for a kimber of some form... shot one of those and an M1 garand a few weeks ago and i'm hooked!

The Kimber Pro Carry II is well worth the money. Very comfortable, very accurate, the only knock is that it is a single action 1911 and most of the popular guns these days are the double actions and the polymers. I personally like having a hammer on mine, but that is just a personal preference.

i bought my AK this summer from a guy that builds em. payed 350 out the door. saw the same guy at a show a month ago wanted 500 plus tax for em. if i could go back in time, i'da bought about a dozen at 350!! coulda made 3 grand!! damn you obama. now BOTH my hobbies are too freakin expensive. lol.

rivical just curious where the gun show you went to was? i live in lima and the guy i work with went and said the same thing you did. just curious if it was the same show,jeff

Ya that was the show in lima. I went with Rivical. That show was NUTS! Hardly any reloading stuff for hand guns. I have been to this show before and you use to have lots to pick from. I was disgustued :mad:

Yup, Lima. I was expecting it to be more like the Cleveland shows. There were some deals to be had in all honesty. Nothing I couldn't pass up. I really should have bought out the guy with beat up AK's @ $450 and sat on em a few months. Oh well. We were told that the reloading supplies are in extreme demand right now. Shops can't keep stocked. Good for them! More visits to get your product means more impulse buys. lol!:D I had no intention of pickin up that RPK! But once I'd picked it up, it was comin home with me! Was pretty tight but loosened up just right when I put a couple fingers in 'er! I think I'm in Love!:D :D

if yall are ever in my neck of the woods you need to go to the Dallas gun and knife collectors show. I't only held 2 times a year and you WILL find some incredible deals. I went 2 years ago with 4 guns and came back with 3 different ones, Plus one of the originals and $400 cash to boot. One of the best shows and I don't go to any others now.

I put a few rifles of my rifles on consignment at my local gunshop a couple of weeks ago; A Romanian PSL, a British Enfield, a Finnish M39 Mosin, and a really nice wartime M1 Garand. Needless to say, They all sold quickly and for really good money. And I still have plenty of nice military surplus rifles & pistols to play around with :)

More parts for the Grand National!

John

If you want to see some of my collection go to photobucket and look up charliefturbo. Most of mine are custom and I didn't put them on but some of them are there.

The price of Ammo is nuts! Any of you boys try the Russian stuff? I like the Silver Bear, got some wolf but haven't tried it yet... .223 Rounds are hard to find in bulk.... The .308 AR stuff has passed the price of .223:eek:

I bet the boys at the gun factories love Obama for the minute;)

The price of Ammo is nuts! Any of you boys try the Russian stuff? I like the Silver Bear, got some wolf but haven't tried it yet... .223 Rounds are hard to find in bulk.... The .308 AR stuff has passed the price of .223:eek:

I bet the boys at the gun factories love Obama for the minute;)

AMMO is FKN NUTS!!!!!!! I was checking 7.62x39, and even the cheap sh!t is $300+

I was going to buy another AK, or build an AR from parts.. but even the AR parts have jumped 200%. Well.. the uppers have.

Looks like I'll get the 7.62x25 Tokarev I've been eyeballing... ammo for that can still be had 1600 rds for $200:mad:

AMMO is FKN NUTS!!!!!!! I was checking 7.62x39, and even the cheap sh!t is $300+

I was going to buy another AK, or build an AR from parts.. but even the AR parts have jumped 200%. Well.. the uppers have.

Looks like I'll get the 7.62x25 Tokarev I've been eyeballing... ammo for that can still be had 1600 rds for $200:mad:

That 7.62x25 rd. is one fun rd. to play with. I have a cz 52 and love it fun to shoot. That gun is an easy on to clean too. I think that i only paid 125.00 for it but that was 5+ years ago. Watch what you do buy for the ammo because thier are two other rounds that are very idenical. That is the 30 mauser and.....da*m mind went blink i will have to look it up.

Attachments

• 0210090922.jpg
    0210090922.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 267