GTP Class Winner

DCVING

So I took the 01 GTP to the track this past saturday. Wow was it hot hot there, and humid too boot. The car really didnt perform all that well being it was 85* and the humidity was up there too. Car was down 2-3 mph from last time, and I had more mods done to it. Turns out the weather was just too hot to gain much HP compared to the cold weather I had in april when the car ran a 14.4@98 w/ 2.2 60 ft.

I was very happy though, the car was super consistent and I was chopping the tree down in the bracket class. I made it too the final round of eliminations where I won the race and took home the trophy. Yup thats right the GTP made its way into the winners circle @ NED..

I diled in a 14.3 after running 14.28@96and 14.33@95 in the am, and my lights were . 019, .075. During eliminations my worst lite was a .115 and I had to run 6 rounds with 1 bye run.

Although I was so happy I won, on my last pass I had the best 60ft of the day and my 1/8 mile ET was 9.01 @ 77mph, if my calculations are correct this run would have been a 13.92 @ 99-101mph. I dont know why the car picked up so much, the air was getting better so thats the only thing I can think of.

I am going back up in October, 2nd to last week on a sunday. I hope it cools off and I can play with my tune a little more and get this GTP in the mid 13s like I know it can. Anyways sorry for the long post just figured Id share my glory with you all.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh102/DCVINGPICS/?action=view&current=157.mp4&newest=1

Very nice and congratulations What r ur mods. I'm guessing intake, headers back, and a 3.3-3.4pulley

I cudnt watch the video. But if u didn't, make sure u take ur headlight out. I have 5 friends with s/c 3800s and u will gain from it believe it or not

Very nice and congratulations What r ur mods. I'm guessing intake, headers back, and a 3.3-3.4pulley

I cudnt watch the video. But if u didn't, make sure u take ur headlight out. I have 5 friends with s/c 3800s and u will gain from it believe it or not

Headers, CAI, 180stat, mufflers only. Everything else is stock. was doing a tune but it wasnt ready yet.

YouTube - 2001 GTP 1st pass