GTA WHEELS WITH GNX FLARE PICTURES

skidlid

I am just finishing up my paint on my 1986 GN. When I got the car it came with Gnx flares and Gta front wheels. I was never really bothered by the wheel fitment till now though. What would everyone recommend for the best adapter size to push the wheels out some. I have tried the search but could not find any pics with measurements to look at. Any one have any pics of theirs?

Hit up mario987 .I believe he has something to do with making gta wheels in to gnx spec wheels.

I ve got 4 GTA fronts and flares. I too wanted to push the fwheels out and used a spacer in the front, I think 5/16 if I remember right. Just that little bit did the trick. I used 1" hub adapters in the back and it filled out nicely. I ll snap a few pics when I get a chance.

front gtas on front, dont run a spacer
they really should be moved in a little for regal
the gnx fronts were only slightly further out than the gta front and they cut the fender and inner fender up for clearance as well as installed a patch for more clearance at the lower portion of the plastic wheelhouse
the 5/16 spacer allows the rear gtas to be run up front to clear the tierod and with less turning and bump clearance issues . if you dont run longer studs the 5/16 spacer is about as far as you can go and still get the lugs on safely , and could be run with front gtas for a little push (doubt youll notice the difference in appearance) but be prepared for a little rub

Last edited:
I ran a 5/16" spacer on the rear on my prior GN; GTA front wheels w/ 255 series tires. No spacers in front. Looked decent to me.

the gta looks lost with the added width of the flares. i ran a 1" spacer on the rear using long moser studs. 255s but also had rolled fender lips and cut the flare edge back

I ran a 5/16" spacer on the rear on my prior GN; GTA front wheels w/ 255 series tires. No spacers in front. Looked decent to me.
Mine has the 5/16 in back now but sometimes from certain angles they look in too far to me .

IMG_0831.JPG
I was thinking of putting an adapter on?

Hopefully this comes thru okay, working off tablet. Here is a pic of mine. GTA front offset rims all around, 1" hub adapters on the rear, 5/16 spacers on the front. It really pushes the wheels out and fills out the flares nicely IMO. Pic isn't the best, she's in hibernation when there's snow flying.

Attachments

• 1424885399074.jpg
    1424885399074.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 241
I have a set of Mario 987s wheels mounted on my car!! They have the GNX offset!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-25-15-07-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-25-15-07-10.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_2015-02-25-15-06-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-25-15-06-50.png
    587.3 KB · Views: 249
He goes under Mario987 here on TB
You can also reach him on Ebay his username there is bigboost1986!! Hes almost always auctioning a set off!!
Im running 255/50s in the back

He goes under Mario987 here on TB
You can also reach him on Ebay his username there is bigboost1986!! Hes almost always auctioning a set off!!
Im running 255/50s in the back
Ok thanks, i'll look into it...

IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG
I installed 1" adapters in the back and moved the 5/16 spacer to the front and installed black lug nuts. I like it much better now! Thank you to all.