gt67 thoughts?? thanks

sdteb

trying to get it like you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am thinking about a gt67...for my car...what is the min stall for this? i have a ported heads intake, 212/212 flat tappet ferrea valves pte fmic 60/65 lb mototrons alky and lonnie diers tranny with orange stripe convertor...rjc girdle, ross pistons, rjc rocker shft...currently have te 44 and put down 469 hp and 617 tq @ delk performance mustang dyno...... http://www.shandy.com/gn/dyno/ lots of street driving and bg is an hour away...mostly run 1/8th mile track here...currently have blown hg rjc headgasket kit did not hold...would gt67 be good for me? or gt 61...

Assuming it's going on the GN and not the TTA ???

What do you really want to do with the car ? Are you looking to go 10's ?

With a GT6152 you could probably get away with the convertor you are currently running. Anytyhing bigger will require a higher stall, in the 3200 - 3400 range depending on which turbo you go with.

The GT series compressor wheels are more street freindly and spool quicker than the older compressor wheels, but they usually die off sooner, ie over approx 24 psi the older wheels make more power.

i would like to run about 18-20lb on street trim...i would like to go mid tens if possible..

Hey we're in the same boat....
I'm having trouble deciding between a PT67 and a GT6776....

street car with ported heads, intake, and 210/210 roller. I wanna go 10.9 or better at 22-24 PSI.

I think ~3400 stall is required for either. Might get away with a 3200 on the 6776 but I don't know for sure.

Hi

Go with a Te-45a an forgettttaaa bout it.. One word its a PROVEN turbo. Do a search.. I was in the same boat caught between the Gt-67 "done @ 25 lbs turbo",,,, the CPT 66 or 70 BB "expensive turbo but better spooling then conventional". But settled on a reliable turbo that will go as fast as low 10's. ;)

sdteb said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am thinking about a gt67...for my car...what is the min stall for this? i have a ported heads intake, 212/212 flat tappet ferrea valves pte fmic 60/65 lb mototrons alky and lonnie diers tranny with orange stripe convertor...rjc girdle, ross pistons, rjc rocker shft...currently have te 44 and put down 469 hp and 617 tq @ delk performance mustang dyno...... http://www.shandy.com/gn/dyno/ lots of street driving and bg is an hour away...mostly run 1/8th mile track here...currently have blown hg rjc headgasket kit did not hold...would gt67 be good for me? or gt 61...

How fast have you gone with the TE44? How much faster do you want to go?

The GT67 will need 3500 stall to be a good responding street turbo. The GT61 will need 3300-3500 stall to be a good street turbo.

The GT61 will get you low 11s in most applications. The GT67 will get high 10s in most applications. People have been faster with both turbos, but are very well tuned.

i have been mid 11's with the 44...i have the car setup to go faster went mid 11's with 21-23 psi on the 44...i want to get in the 10's

I am in the same exact boat. I am ready for a turbo upgrade also. I have run a TE-44 for a few years now and have had alot of success with this turbo. I have gone 11.50s with slicks on 22 to 23#`s boost. I just want to get my car in the 10.90 range but I don`t want to lose the awesome spoolup of the TE-44. It has great street manners as well. There are alot of choices out there and everyone has their own opinion. I don`t want to go over 24#`s boost.Its not a full fledged race car. Mostly a street car with occasional track time. I`m comfortable with keeping my motor together. I just need a nice turbo to still spool up like the TE-44 but get me over that hump and into the 10.9s.
Any thoughts.???

Well if you want first hand advise. I have a gtq67 and a 3200 lu convertor ported / 1.77 valve heads small cam, 57's 62mm tb/helmco,ported lower,atr downpipe, hooker duals, streach ic, zo6 maf/ trans +. with 255 micky radials and 108 in the tank I went 10.92 @ 24 lbs then I got sent home :D

car spools fast!! it's in the tune and if i step up to a 70 I will go to a 3500 and some more fuel

my pt70 spools quick but makes no power until it hits like 18lbs. i am starting to lean toward the 67 to make street driving a little more exciting.

i would go with the te-45 turbo like the guy said above my buddy had one with a 3200 stall 23lbs boost 200 trans 342 gear 10.80 @124

I've had my PT67 on the car 2 years and love it! It spools super fast with my combo. Paul