GT 4708 compressor housing

chasmat2316

Does any one make a compressor housing that's smaller than the Garrett housing that comes on this turbo that's not so damn big. I got a great deal on a turbo but I'm rethinking the size is a bitch. I already have a t4 exhaust housing

thanx for ant input

I will have to redo the header collector need about 2 more inches and add an additional brace to account for the weight and the wastegate flange. I have the GT4780R which is basically the exact same housing. photo 1.JPG

Did you move the header forward 2 inches or up 2 inches? I would think my atr headers would need to move 3 inches more to the right

My down pipe will prevent the movement that far to the right. It's 5 inches and then snakes down to about 4 and I cant get that turn any tighter. I shifted the radiator towards the driver side and I will be able to come foward and slightly up without hitting the bottom of the hood. My crossover is in front of the motor so I am not as limited as you are using the ATR's. They used to be twin turbo headers. If I was home I would grab some prefabbed tack welded pics.

Your best shot is Reed at WORK Turbo.

He is a distributor for Garrett. If anyone can help you, he is the man.

You could possibly have some smaller cover contoured to work with it. You’d need a backplate machined to work with the cover and bearing housing. While it’s possible it will choke flow the compressor and totally change the potential of the turbo as well as cost a bundle since there’s probably not a backplate that will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could possibly have some smaller cover contoured to work with it. You’d need a backplate machined to work with the cover and bearing housing. While it’s possible it will choke flow the compressor and totally change the potential of the turbo as well as cost a bundle since there’s probably not a backplate that will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's what I was afraid of thanx for the info