GSXR1000...Should I run for $$

JT'sV6

Stock with exhaust only and maybe a tire 05ish gsx r1000. He hasnt ever had it on the track but has been riding for many years. He can drive on the street, I'll give him that.

The only way I'd run is 1/8th mile(track only). going to crank the boost up to about 25psi, hoosier qtp's on weld rims, 3550lb race weight, and gonna spool it on the juice(50hp) via push button and run it through 1st gear or until I know I've got him.

Dont have the money part figured, probablly gonna be close to $1,000. This is just talk for now, but I'm 100% serious if he'll go through with it.

Want some input floks. Would any of you run this race?

if hes a good rider he should be able to run a 6.70-6.80 in the 1/8th. im not so sure u would win that race.

I seen them run pretty consistent 10.50's at the track last year but the rider wasnt all that good. ill bet with a good rider one could pull a 9.70-9.80 in the 1/4 or better.

if hes a good rider he should be able to run a 6.70-6.80 in the 1/8th. im not so sure u would win that race.

I seen them run pretty consistent 10.50's at the track last year but the rider wasnt all that good. ill bet with a good rider one could pull a 9.70-9.80 in the 1/4 or better.

Keep in mind the 1000 outrun the busa also and I wouldn't do the race cause its a cash pile for him and your probably being hustled...

Wow

:eek:I was thinking bottom 7's for him. Is there a technique launching a bike on the street vs launching on a prepped track?

I need to watch some youtube vids and really do my homework on this one.

This won't end well for Buick.

25 PSI? Do you have alky? You may blow a head gasket faster than him.

Never mind, just saw your sig. I still think this won't end well. I never liked cars next to bikes on the two-lane.

I do have an alky kit, but it's currentlly not on the car or tuned for it. However, I do run a 110/93oct mix when I crank the boost. I just replaced te hg's this time last year and have studs.

This race isnt looking to good for me from what you guys are telling me:redface:

25psi and 110/93 mix is no good. The available 110 (actually 106 to 107) alone is pushing it at 25psi at that power level.

If the guy can remotely ride well, you will lose....remember, these bikes are almost full blown race bikes with lights. Like Brett said, I watched guys click off 9.80s to 10.0s on basically stock 1000s. (Although I got a ration of sheet for making this statment on the SYTY boards a couple of years ago). Bottom line is 1/8 or 1/4, if the guy can launch the bike, youre gonna be light in the pocket.

That bike will run 6.7 with a chit rider and will crush you from about 100ft out till he crosses the line. You must have had a wet dream if you think it will run in the 7's. If you had your boost at 30psi and tuned in with a trans brake launch and hook you could take him but you will be hard pressed go crack into the 6's.

You would lose - in embarrassing fashion.

I used to ride with a couple of guys with gixer1000s. They are mean sleds and will spank a Busa. Like someone already said - race bikes with lights. Its a mid 10 sec bike stock with a crap rider and low 10s to high 9s with a good rider.

There is only one way I'd take that race. He'd have to give me the move with his hands over his head. If he is good enough it will still be a true race.

I would run him for fun...1k is way too much.. either way don't b*tch out like some are suggesting and run him.. you win some you lose some... but again 1k is too much

I have a 06 gsxr 1000 (same as the 05). My bike had a tune and pipe when I made this pass below, I’ve since done more and have cut 1.5 60fts.Heck my 600 went 10.9@128 Just some food for thought. Good luck with what ever you do.
R/T .000
60' 1.76
330' 4.45
1/8 6.55
1/8 117.15
1000 8.371
1/4 9.924
1/4 145.93

There is only one way I'd take that race. He'd have to give me the move with his hands over his head. If he is good enough it will still be a true race.

Dont you mean the bikes engine off, on the kickstand, hime standing 6 foot away, hands above his head...Then maybe LOL

I think my car would run bottm 7's(maybe crack 6's) on the juice and a few other mods. Hell, it run 7.6 94mph last weekend on street tires and 19psi. With the stock turbo at 22psi and 50 hp the car run 7.39 best 1/8th mile.

I'd have to be making over 550rwhp with the juice and 25psi, that should put me close to 700 ft lbs off the line. My trap from last weekend shows around 425rwhp, and that was turned down. One thing I've learned about nitrous and boost over the years is that the shot you run makes nearlly double what it does n/a.