GS Nationals update thread

Yesterday I saw Fred go 9.26, Jim R went 9.78, Richie went 8.82! I went 8.97

Can't remember any others, or else I missed the runs.

Steve over powered the track

TSO after 2 rounds:
Fiscus 4.94
Harmon 5.03
Cruz 5.18
Billy T 5.19
A bunch of guys had traction issues. This morning is going to be cold which is good for hp, but tough on traction. In hoping for a full 16 car field

Richie took the win again this year with an 8.76 at 152 in the final round against myself. Congrats Richie! Unfortunately I spun the tires giving up any chance of a close race.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445215658.030529.jpg

Dusty Bradford won the first Renegade Shootout over Lonnie Diers. BBC Turbo against BBC NOS. Who thought that would ever happen at the Nationals?

Sean Hayes over DDay for the THS win. Dday had a great week, car was on point.

TSM had 14 cars qualify, but only 10 in elims.

Two were street cars that ran in the nines, one was driven from Louisville to the event and back home.

First round

I lost to Walt Judy, who made his best pass of the week after sorting out some issues.
Richie had a bye
Shawn Culver had a bye
Paul Dubois over Bob Slusser
John Plog had a bye
Jim Rasmussen had a bye
Tom Dykman had a bye

Second round

Richie had another bye
Walt over Tom
Paul over Shawn
John over Jim

Final

Richie over John.
John got the jump on tree but got loose and Richie ran an 8.76 for a new TSM record.

Congrats to Richie and everyone who ran their personal bests this week.
Paul and Walt had a good run.

Thanks to all the sponsors.
Full Throttle, Hartline Performance, Spoolfool, turbobuick.com, RJC Racing, JW racing, Bison Performance, Craig business forms, boost crew, American auto glass, Twisted 6 Racing, HR Parts n stuff, Custom Auto Apparel and Turbostitches

Richie banked over 2400 in cash and prizes
John received 800 for second.
Walt and Paul received 200
5th thru 8th got 50

Forgot Qualifying:

Richie - 8.82
John - 8.95
Me - 9.11
Fred - 9.26
Paul - 9.36
Tom - 9.46
Jason C - 9.50
Jim R - 9.78
Brent S - 9.82
Bob - 9.88
Shawn - 9.94
Walt - 10.05
Randy Q - 10.33
Scott -

NICE,I had some cam sensor issues if anyone heard the fireworks going on at the track.Sounded like one of Walt's Sparkler bombs out the exhaust even though I was only at 1200 RPM. Congrates to Richie on the win .I have a set of WHITE burn out buddies I could cut out and give you, will send them for FREE if you want them JUST PM ME.Just don't know if the magnets are strong enough for an 8 second car.Also D-Day had his car dialed all week.Think I got some things sorted out and did okay considering at 6.30PM Wednesday night I wasn't bringing the car.Nice to see everyone, wish I had more time to chat.Thank You Steve and all the Sponsors I had a great time!

Thanks!
Good job Steve on getting this all set up.
I would like to thank all of the vendors who put up $$ & parts.

Special thanks to the Hartline's, they have my car dialed in!!

Was great to see everyone again and meet some new people.

Sounds like I missed a LOT of great racing! Got stuck in the vending area again. OH well, maybe be able to do both one day.
Congrats to all racers! Takes a LOT to build & maintain & get these cars to go this fast & bring them to the events!
THANKS to Steve Kessler too, great person to be taking care of things.
BIG CONGRATS to Richie!!!!!!
I still remember when high 9's was the ragged edge for stock blocks. To run 8.71 @ 152 with a 109 block & stock stroke if PAST amazing! I'm planning to give him a LOT of space on our website to show off his achievements! Glad to help with sponsorship & suspension, it's the least we can do. These heads up classes really MAKE the Nat's happen!
Need a big screen out in the vending area with live feed to watch racing.

Forgot Qualifying:

Richie - 8.82
John - 8.95
Me - 9.11
Fred - 9.26
Paul - 9.36
Tom - 9.46
Jason C - 9.50
Jim R - 9.78
Brent S - 9.82
Bob - 9.88
Shawn - 9.94
Walt - 10.05
Randy Q - 10.33
Scott -
Ru running a SD-2 Turbotweak chip/stock ECU in your car.