GS Nationals R275

TType85

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Has anyone used a set of EV14 based injectors in a turbo buick? I have a set of DeatschWerks 95# injectors that were going to go back in my mustang, but since I should be picking up my old buick soon they might be an upgrade from my old 55# injectors. I would like to go E85 on the car and I probably need 120's but on the mustang these would be good to over 700hp on E85.

The height o-ring to o-ring seems to about the same but the new USCAR connectors would need an adapter which seems to be pretty easy to get.

These are the injectors:

These are adapters:

Even better would be to probably go to caspers and see if they can make up an injector harness.

EDIT: Did a search and finally got a few hits. Looks like some people have done it.

Last edited:
I guess if you already have em but it just adds to the complexity. Seems it would be easier to sell those and pick up the right ones for the Buick. They would be new, possibly flow matched and drop in.
I guess it just depends on what you chose.

I know of one person who tried DeatschWerks injectors maybe 6-7 years ago. He was able to make them work but it was not ideal. I think he had off idle issues but can't be sure. This was a chipped car and Eric did not burn chips for those injectors at the time. Not sure if he does now but something to think about.

I will probably just throw them back in the Mustang since I have a tune for them and the idle and drive great in that car. I'll look for some 120's or 160's to throw in the Buick when I convert to E85.

I am curious why FIC 1650s sucked?
I have them in my Talon and they're pretty solid considering it's a 155lb injector with a stainless internal idling at 850rpm nice and smooth.

I am curious why FIC 1650s sucked?
I have them in my Talon and they're pretty solid considering it's a 155lb injector with a stainless internal idling at 850rpm nice and smooth.
Intermittent cold engine / cool engine misfire issue. Did some searching and found out that I was not alone with that problem.