GS Nationals 2015

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
I'm wanting to have the Bowling Green Experience but have a question about my car, its a regular Regal that has all the 87 GN stuff in it, its not vinned as a TR and has non of the stickers or badging, will i be allowed to run in any of the classes like THS?

As long as you have the heat/air and a 67mm turbo or smaller in the 2x3 housing you should be good to go for THS. There are other rules of course but those seem to be the ones that keep people out of THS.

It has heat and air and is perfectly street legal....i had read somewhere that the car and owner had to be members of the GS club or something like that...

It has heat and air and is perfectly street legal....i had read somewhere that the car and owner had to be members of the GS club or something like that...

Years ago the GSCA required that, but since have drop that rule.

Heads up classes are fun, any car can go rounds in them if you qualify and make weight for the classes you want to run.

BTW...what would an 11.00 car be competitive in, which class?

I made the field in BG this year with an 11.49! Please Join In.
I bet I made more passes in THS qualifying and rounds than I could have in the regular test and tune lanes!
Cut a good light and hold it on the floor!
I have an alky car too.
Add 5 gallons of C16 less than a half tank of fuel and have fun!
I think you can get it to go faster than 11.00 with that combo, but you can go a few rounds with that.
May want to look at a turbo upgrade and you will need a muffler to pass peer tech.
Do your best to make the car class legal, and be honest with your class peers.
Good Group of Gentlemen!!

David Day is the man to beat in BG!

Last edited:
What turbo upgrade are we talkin? What type of muffler for the THS class

Any muffler and exit in the stock location. No open cut outs. See the 2014 rules for diameter limit.
As for the Turbo. How much boost are you running now?

Where are the rules and such for TAI

Make weight and run 10 gallons of pump gas on race day. All racers fill up at the same gas station. By far the simplest rules in Buick racing. You can race I multiple classes too if you wish.

If you have enough fuel system, crank it up to 28, then 30! That's where the fun starts! See if it gets you in the 10's. Gradual increases, monitor the results.
I used a 6262 in BG. I have a 6265 from Bison on now. I’m going for the Win in THS with a mild combo.
"By any boost necessary!"

Last edited:
I like your thinking....that was my plan the next time i head to the track, i run the 26#s of boost with no knock what so ever and the AFR is right at 11 and the Alky knob about 6 or so
If you have enough fuel system, crank it up to 28, then 30! That's where the fun starts! See if it gets you in the 10's. Gradual increases, monitor the results.
I used a 6262 in BG. I have a 6265 from Bison on now. I'm going the Win in THS with a mild combo.
"By any boost necessary!"

I was looking at the 2014 GS results and it said that TAI was ran 1/8th mile not 1/4, is this the case every year

No. All rules are up for vote each year by previous two years participants. 2014 was the first year for the 1/8th. It's easier on equipment and more tai cars actually drive in than any other class, imo.