Green going black? Swapping wind for coal.

I lost the best job I ever had, when coal mining was destroyed by the feds and the OSM. :mad:
I went from a job working outside, wearing engineer boots, jeans, driving in the wilderness, to wondering WTF just happened. All in a period of a couple months.
When I pass thru parts of Alabama, KY, VA, W. VA, and see the orphan mines sitting in total disrepair, I think of how it might be today, had they not destroyed an industry w/ the stroke of a pen.
Sad!

The very sad truth is how complex the electricity generation business is and how easily retards are misled about how things actually work. The green thing ain’t happening.
If you want to go green you could, at your own personal residential level you can do it, with some sacrifice in convenience, and you will likely be burning fuel to fill the gaps, or live like people did a hundred plus years ago, Chuck could fill us in 😊.
Utility scale green energy ain’t happening, especially in urban areas. Google “Energy Sankey Diagram” if you want to see the energy source distribution. My favorite is to see some youtube rump ranger talk about how there is a 100 MWhr battery plant somewhere. We have GW production continuous coming from fuel-based power plants and somebody is going to mention 100 MW for an hour (actually less because you can’t discharge a battery to zero), that is laughable. There may be an energy storage solution one day that works, but we don’t have it today.
Germany is learning the hard way what “renewable energy” today is. Remember the super dome during Katrina, that is what the commie lefty nazi politicians want for you. If the power grid collapsed, it is apocalypse time within 2 to 7 days in every urban area.
The power you use and everybody else uses is produced real time instantly. Grid stability is maintained through frequency support. Every generator, on a 60hz grid, is running at 1800 rpm or 3600 rpm. Every generator on an interconnected grid is synchronized, and as long as power produced meets power demand, the frequency remains stable. If power and demand are balanced the generators do not control speed, they throttle up or down to meet power demand. The instant production and demand lose balance, frequency will increase or decrease. The initial stability response, through changes in load and production is through inertia, i.e. the flywheel effect of all the turbine and generator rotors on the grid, which is substantial. The primary response after that is through throttling power plants. After that you are talking about bringing units up, and then bringing standby units on the grid. If that cannot be accomplished, the grid has to shed load. If the grid cannot shed load quick enough, you are looking at cascading effects and grid collapse. Renewables not only do not contribute to grid stability, but do to the intermittent nature of the power they produce, are a destabilizing effect on the grid.
Power plants are designed to respond to off frequency events, other power producers are paid to be in standby to handle grid events. If the grid does not have enough power generators to supply power, plan on rolling blackouts or worse a grid collapse. Lookup what happened to Texas a couple of years ago and what is happening every summer in California. If that is how you like your power delivered great, no need to worry about your future power needs. Sweat in the summer, freeze in the winter, water pumps not working, sewage pumps not working. Germany is realizing unicorn power at the utility scale does not work. Bringing back dirty coal, Greta must be pissed.

The rump rangers put an end to nuclear power generation, too.
I was involved with a TVA nuclear plant under construction, in Northern ALA.
A small city had blossomed, and things were rockin along. The reactors had been set, and the rest of the support system was being completed.
Whamo! The plug was pulled, the project shut down, the town destroyed, and that was that.
Yrs later, I drove past that location, just to see what was left.
It was fenced off, and a lone guard was on duty. I spent some time talking with him about the history of the project. Sad. Come to find out, his dad was on the security detail while the project was in motion.
The other coal fired plants in the GA Power/TVA system, that I worked with, are now bare ground, lakeside parks, etc.
This shit is gonna bite us in the ass BIGTIME! :mad:

LQizMB0w.jpeg

We definitely dont have the infrastructure for the changes.
But.......
If you have your own house and your thirst for energy use is high and you spend a shit ton on utilities like me lol.....
Generating your own power with solar saves big time.
There is massive savings if you are using quite a bit of electricity.
With the liberals at the Helm the rebates are high.
Time to play the game its survival now.
Propane and oil and gas are out of control and in an instant can go up 50% all across the board.
When you generate your own power
Your in control to a point.
It's a no brainer for a residence living under the politicians whip and it's only going to get worse.

I just got one thanking me for "helping".
I'm in the country and thus it's total electric.
My co-op bill for the house yr around, never goes more than about $100. The shop 1/2 that.

and to think just over 40yrs ago we were on the way to the next ice age.
I guess that story didn't generate enough income.

and to think just over 40yrs ago we were on the way to the next ice age.
I guess that story didn't generate enough income.
I challenge anybody to specify exactly how clouds form? I am sure some of the vaccine experts on this site can tell us.

I challenge anybody to specify exactly how clouds form? I am sure some of the vaccine experts on this site can tell us.
I also challenge anybody to splain the details of a green house gas, what makes it a green house gas, and the mechanism that is causing the globe to warm?