Grand National LQ9 Turbo Build

made my own SS T6 header to flange with WG provision and WG dump tube and was forced to trim the passenger side well to close the hood properly. Also highlighted where i rmade the provision for the passenger side oxygen sensor right next to waterpump tight fit.

View attachment 331378

View attachment 331379

View attachment 331380

View attachment 331381

View attachment 331382

View attachment 331383

To make your hot exhaust gas make a complete 90* turn to be able to bypass your turbine is far from optimal . So if you have boost control issues in the future I would definitely start there . You most likely will have boost spike issues as well as boost creep . Anyway your build looks great besides that and good luck with it in the future.

Not sure i dont recall off the top of my head, ill have to check graph but this was only 23 psi spiked to 24 leveled at 23 and dropped to 22 at the end of the run. Wants an 88 on it 1200hp probably with the 88

RJC intercooler on that bad boy my tuner recalls the tq number over 900 i just dont have that captured on the video

Awesome build!!!!! One question what did you use to get the fender wells to look like new? I have front clip off at the moment and would like to get the fender wells cleaned up.

How are you finding those Hooker turbo manifolds ? I just got a set in today . And dam that PS manifold is friggin heavy !! I’ll have to drill and re-tap the PS exhaust manifold bolts to 3/4 “ to hold and support that puppy ! lol

How are you finding those Hooker turbo manifolds ? I just got a set in today . And dam that PS manifold is friggin heavy !! I’ll have to drill and re-tap the PS exhaust manifold bolts to 3/4 “ to hold and support that puppy ! lol

I'm not a big fan of the hooker, heavy and the iron rusts terrible i just had to redo the whole appearance of the motor. i couldnt stand that rusty look. Before you use them sand out any casting imperfections and have them ceramic coated. I took mine off last week and coated them. They look much better. I also did my valve covers and cold side in Wrinkle. I'll post some pics or video soon.

What does it cost to build something like this? Only asking based on the fact that stage 2 builds goe in the 15k to 20k range??

It all depends on what parts you buy. It can surpass that or stay well below that. Not sure how handy you are but no one touched my car but me. I did the whole thing. I saved a ton of expenses doing everything myself.

Lots of information online. Majority of it is garbage. But there is some good information out there.

If your thinking about going LS i would tell you dont go balls deep first time around. Get your feet wet basic build leave it stock. Slap a decent size turbo and have fun, then slowly build something serious if you like the LS platform. I just made 1k hp on a stock production block out of an Escalade same stock heads and factory headgaskets i truly enjoy it. My tuner thinks i can push it to 1200 with an 88 or 91mm. Its way to much for me as it is.

I can tell you one thing everyone wants 1k hp until you have to drive it.

Going to the track this weekend will let you guys know what it runs. I have it turned down to about 700 hp for the street but hoping i might be able to turn the wick up at the track to see what it does.