Grand National Aerocoupe! It's happening...

1st sorry to hear about your 2011. the car is absolutely badass bro. my uncle had a aerocoupe and always liked it cause it was different the the million other monte ss's, but this here just over shadows it. awsome work bro and look forward of seeing it done.

You keep mentioning..."trying to make it look factory". Dude, if it looked anymore "factory"...you'd be in court for making it better then GM!!! This is as meticulous a job of fabrication, as I have seen since the days of chopping tops and Pro Street. This is a true work of art, whether you are a fan of the Aero or not.

Sorry for your losses. Glad you picked yourself back up and got back to something you really enjoy. It would have been a real tragedy if you had never finished it.

What is your encore going to be??? Hahaha
Coach

i thought that this was a very cool project we all have our own taste and u can say i have the only aeronational on the earth. i bet its a conversation piece wherever you drive it and get alot of looks like wtf is that but i loved the whole way you detailed the whole project cause maybe somebody else will try to do what looks to be the impossible,but like you said you have a bonified pictures of monte carlo glass sitting on a regal body..... its strange to look@it@first but then you think wow it can be done so i give you props for making the only one;)

any updates?
hey there,i was reading your signature and your combo is really close to what I'm running and i saw that you have an alky kit.i just have a ? about that. I'm assuming you have a different chip than mine i don't have an alky kit yet and my engine is unopened as well as yours and what i wanted to ask is it safe to run a kit like that and how much boost can you run with the kit in use?the only thing you have that i don't is an external waste gate. so could you give me a few words of advice on what i would need to do to run a alky set up with my combo which is in my signature right above you on this page about the aeronational,any advice is greatly appreciated thanks, chris

hey there,i was reading your signature and your combo is really close to what I'm running and i saw that you have an alky kit.i just have a ? about that. I'm assuming you have a different chip than mine i don't have an alky kit yet and my engine is unopened as well as yours and what i wanted to ask is it safe to run a kit like that and how much boost can you run with the kit in use?the only thing you have that i don't is an external waste gate. so could you give me a few words of advice on what i would need to do to run a alky set up with my combo which is in my signature right above you on this page about the aeronational,any advice is greatly appreciated thanks, chris
I'll pm you so we dont hijack this thread

Very sorry for your 2011 losses.

While I don't really care for the look of the car (but I dislike the Aero Monte even more); your fab skills are very impressive. No shortcuts here!

This project is going slower than my previous TR restore project. At this time, I've got the car torn down for paint and body work. The front clip is off and torn apart. I'm sandblasting surface rust and I'm replacing the seam sealer around the firewall area and rear section.

The rear window modifications to the car is pretty much set up and ready to be installed; obviously, after getting the car painted. I'm going to finish the trunk lid after the car is painted and the rear window permanantly installed. There's going to be some tweaks to be made to the trunk lid before finally painting it.

DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1233.JPG

I m sorry to be blunt but you just butchered your car.Absolutely horrible.

Be as blunt as you like; I don't care.....really....it's your opinion. Besides, it's just a base model 1987 Regal with the LC2 and WE2 option code. It now has the Z16 option too.

I'll bet it will draw more attention at a car show than your Z06 will.;)

Big difference from being butchered and done right. He is thinking out of the box. This is done right.

I was never a big fan of the Monte SS Aerocoupe, but i'm glad to see someone had the balls and skills to make that happen. Looks way better on a TR any day of the week. Just something about the body style that one-ups the Monte. Great job. Can't waite to see it all finished.

Its not like they made 20,000 of these GN's right? This guy is a freakin' artist! When you get it done let me know I'll swap you!!