Gran Turismo 5

sullen

Senior Daydreamer
So I got it for Xmas, and have been playing it pretty much nonstop, and have not been offered the GNX in anyway shape or form, i check both used car dealers about 8 times a day too.

Is there any trick, secret, or cheat code to get it???

Keep checking the used cars section, it will show up in there randomly. The game is addicting!

Check the used car's pretty much everytime you complete something, they update everyday which is everytime you complete something.

I bought 2 gnx's in the used car section for about 23500.I kept one stock and put it in my(favorites)garage.The second one I put all the goodies on her and brought her to the races.Whom ever designed the game must not like turbo buicks because the car does not perform well.
My best car so far in the game is the bugatti(awd) which has 1100HP.:):)

lol

I bought 2 gnx's in the used car section for about 23500.I kept one stock and put it in my(favorites)garage.The second one I put all the goodies on her and brought her to the races.Whom ever designed the game must not like turbo buicks because the car does not perform well.
My best car so far in the game is the bugatti(awd) which has 1100HP.:):)

The gnx was from 25 years ago. Stock performance was 276 hp. In 2011 there are n/a v6 cars making 305 to 350 hp. It's a time and technology thing. Whether we're partial to the TR doesn't influence this. I would expect today's super cars to out perform pretty much anything from the 80's especially with 1,100+ hp. The TR is a novelty car. It is not ideal for today's standards. Modified it can be a beast but you can't compare a stock g body from the 80's to a Lamborghini, Bugatti, or Ferrari of today.

I have 4... if Anyone needs one, get on my frineds list and ill make a trade for 2 cars of equal value....

axe45 PSN network ID

I have 4... if Anyone needs one, get on my frineds list and ill make a trade for 2 cars of equal value....

axe45 PSN network ID

Ill add you when I get home tonight, and ill send ya a message with what I have to offer, please hold one for me!

Okay, tried to add u and sent a message, let me know if it goes through, not really too familiar with the psn.

If anyone wants to add me my psn I'd is: preferanonymity

Okay, tried to add u and sent a message, let me know if it goes through, not really too familiar with the psn.

If anyone wants to add me my psn I'd is: preferanonymity

i probably wont be on 2nite, i got season 5 of futurama on dvd:eek::eek:

The gnx was from 25 years ago. Stock performance was 276 hp. In 2011 there are n/a v6 cars making 305 to 350 hp. It's a time and technology thing. Whether we're partial to the TR doesn't influence this. I would expect today's super cars to out perform pretty much anything from the 80's especially with 1,100+ hp. The TR is a novelty car. It is not ideal for today's standards. Modified it can be a beast but you can't compare a stock g body from the 80's to a Lamborghini, Bugatti, or Ferrari of today.

Why would one compare a small numbers super car to a mass produced American Family sedan? These new 300HP+ production cars will find it hard to squeeze power for a while until the emissions controls can be overridden.

I ran (by accident getting on the highway) one of the new V6 mustangs...I went around him when I got to the wide....in an SVO.

gt5

Why would one compare a small numbers super car to a mass produced American Family sedan? These new 300HP+ production cars will find it hard to squeeze power for a while until the emissions controls can be overridden.

I ran (by accident getting on the highway) one of the new V6 mustangs...I went around him when I got to the wide....in an SVO.

I was talking stock for stock. When it comes modifications comparing any n/a vs turbocharged vehicle with equal amount of mods purchased is pointless. A turbo car with 1500 in mods vs a n/a vehicle with 1500 in mods the n/a won't extract nearly the same amount of power gains. Regardless of production numbers being a comparison the gnx was 547 vs a small numbers produced supercar. Stock gnx vs stock Lamborghini sv is like comparing a bb gun to a .50 cal. When the new cars emissions override happens they will make nice numbers. Whether they make the number gains the TR's have after 25 years I highly doubt it without boost but we will see. ;)

FINALLY got one last nite. I was just about to shut it down and there was on in the used cars.

They are so so slow in this game, the handling is true to form :) but the acceleration, for what is supposed to be an X with a little more power than a stock gn, seems like its A LOT slower than what it should be.

Oh well.

Buy a Honda civic and do some upgrades,then match those upgrades to your buick and race them.Honda wins hands down.
I know it's just a game......

Yeah I hear ya, I know its just a game, but way disappointing because it was supposed to be so realistic, and refered to as a "driving simulator" ... That slone made me think all the cars were going to perform abd handle like the real ones. THEN Game takes 3 or 4 years to come out because guy making it is a perfectionist or whatever reason it got pushed back 65252 times. Finally released and one of our fav cars, which is pretty quick stock, is as slow as a prius.

They really didn't give much love to any of the "muscle cars" in general, have a 69 camaro, 71 chevelle, 71 cuda, and they're all pretty slow stock, granted faster than the buick, but still much slower than the real things.

I guess they only gave major attention to detail to the imports?

Not really complaining, I guess I am to some extent but overall its an amazing game and very happy with and addicted to at the moment, was just expecting more detail on the 67-87 american cars. Oh well.

Yeah I hear ya, I know its just a game, but way disappointing because it was supposed to be so realistic, and refered to as a "driving simulator" ... That slone made me think all the cars were going to perform abd handle like the real ones. THEN Game takes 3 or 4 years to come out because guy making it is a perfectionist or whatever reason it got pushed back 65252 times. Finally released and one of our fav cars, which is pretty quick stock, is as slow as a prius.

They really didn't give much love to any of the "muscle cars" in general, have a 69 camaro, 71 chevelle, 71 cuda, and they're all pretty slow stock, granted faster than the buick, but still much slower than the real things.

Not really complaining, I guess I am to some extent but overall its an amazing game and very happy with and addicted to at the moment, was just expecting more detail on the 67-87 american cars. Oh well.

im addicted to it as well, beat it 4 weeks ago... it was too easy IMO. The GNX should have been faster, but if you tune it up and put it up against a ferrari f430, i won... but i had to throw a bunch or credits into the tune. A premium civic is one of the best cars to start out with along with the lotus europa.

BTW I keep finding those darn GNX's lemme know if anyone else wants one, found another today.

Think about it guys. The game was entirely conceived and designed in Japan, The entire staff is Japanese. How much in depth knowledge of muscle cars do you really think they have/had.

It's still a great game! I'm having just as much fun with my Move package!!

GNX in GT5

I got GT5 for Christmas and have been trying to find a GNX since I first seen one in a race. So the only way to get one is to find it in the used car section? How do they compare after fully modding one? Can you change the color on it or does it have to stay black?

If anyone wants to add me my PSN id is SUFFRN6.

Chris

There is one buick i won in one of the races called a " 62 Special".
If you guys get your hands on it load her up and take her to the track.
She should win all the races in her class.Make sure you put super soft slicks on her and you got 800Hp.
This is the car that I used in every race she would qualify for,until the Bugatti.
SO Far---A-SPEC level 22
B-SPEC level 15
Oh ya, Jeff Gorden voice in the Nascar section drives me to drink...:D:D