Gran Turismo 5

Ok this thread made me break down and get it. Any general guidelines to follow like first cars or what races for good exp or money. I am also a first time ps3 user, no net connection because this is my buddies ps3. Playing right now first time ever thanks to this thread. Cheers; Double Bastard Stone Brew going down as well.

DarkSide

You can create your own user account (actually as many as e-mails that you have). If you have a flash drive you can save all his games to that & then not worry about messing up his saved games.

you will need a flash drive or sd reader & sd card or an ipod touch. if you dont have these you can get 1 at walmart cheap I use a sd card(2gb)$9 & a sdcard reader$8. flash drives are like $10
while you are in game use center ps button brings up options in game section(it will make you quit game) scroll up to
save data utility (ps3) click on that
gran turismo 5 use triangle button
use copy option & save to yourflash drive(it will pop up automaticlly if you have storage media plugged in)
then unplug your media storage
go back to the game & send car to a friend
then use ps button again go back to the
save data utility then GT5
use triangle button & then delete it
plug your media storage back in
scroll up to media storage (still in game section)
then copy
you will then have all your cars still ( if pic of car does not show up after doing this put cursor on the slot for it use triangle button & click on "create thumbnail" & car will reappear.
do not forget as soon as you buy or recieve a car take it & get an oil change (this will boost HP even on new cars from dealership & do it before you do upgrades & it will give the car even more HP)

I'm a trophy whore. When you get trophies you get nothing else except bragging rights, if anyone really cares about that anyway. :eek:

I really think getting a platinum on this game is going to be impossible. I've been working on the AMG event for over a month and I can't even get gold on the second stage with the first Merc. I can get to within .02 seconds but I just can't squeeze that last little bit out of it.

If anyone wants to get together and play sometime, sirkillalot7734 on PSN. Make sure and put turbobuick in the text box or something like that. I'm going to add a few of you guys.

If you're new, the best way to build up money FAST is to do the online events. They cycle every couple weeks and you make serious money if you win. $1,000,000 for the event with the fastest cars (like Nascar on Nuremburg).

To get platinum in this game is pretty difficult. Ill never get there because I refuse to touch B-Spec, what a waste of time.

On the AMG events, especially with the older SL just make sure to keep your speed throught the turns. You barely need your brakes at all with that car. Using manual trans is a must in that car as well. Watch the demo videos, they help a lot. Also helps to turn all of the aids off, that helped me gold all of the AMG events easily.

Also helps to turn all of the aids off, that helped me gold all of the AMG events easily.

What?!? WHAT?!? All the profanities I have used over the last 30 something days have been for naught? :eek: I found out that turning off aids (not AIDS) help in rally events, but I didn't think they would make a positive difference on pavement in a 50 year old, rear wheel drive car. I will report back on how you/me are retarded.:eek:

To get platinum in this game is pretty difficult. Ill never get there because I refuse to touch B-Spec, what a waste of time.

On the AMG events, especially with the older SL just make sure to keep your speed throught the turns. You barely need your brakes at all with that car. Using manual trans is a must in that car as well. Watch the demo videos, they help a lot. Also helps to turn all of the aids off, that helped me gold all of the AMG events easily.

B spec is cool because you gain more cars and more money for your totals. and if you have a good enough car you can start the race and walk away. yesterday i started a 30 lap race went out with the wife for a while came home and it was over with me in 1st place!

B spec is cool because you gain more cars and more money for your totals. and if you have a good enough car you can start the race and walk away. yesterday i started a 30 lap race went out with the wife for a while came home and it was over with me in 1st place!

I agree my bspec is level 33

Pat I will be getting one of those today just for this game.

Wow first night last night and it does remind me of GT1-GT4 Pure Natural Crack, as in I barely slept. My first attack of the game went well I think. I have now about 500k in money, I'm lvl 14 in Aspec. Bspec is level 0 (is there really a need for b spec, need being do I have to do it for any other purpose other then just doing it?). If I were to start the game over again, I would have just bought the cheapest car just so I could literally play the licenses events because you can't start licensing without purchasing a vehicle. I ended up selling almost every crappy car I have earned so far. I finished Special events up to lvl 14, the karting, the nascar, the grandtour, and the AMG (still not finished with this one yet). I finished License B, A, IC, and IB. Today I'm going to finish the licenses. Also I have completed 2 series for cash in the Amateur section, the Clubman and the Jap 90's Challenge in Aspec. Thats it though, I'd rather not do the races in beginner. BTW all licenses have been won in silver or better, non in all gold, same with my races all silvers or gold (not bad for using a controller!)

Any suggestions for a car for the Grand Turismo World Championship car, in Apsec, Pro Series? I will be running that after I finish the licenses.

Pat I will be getting one of those today just for this game.

Wow first night last night and it does remind me of GT1-GT4 Pure Natural Crack, as in I barely slept. My first attack of the game went well I think. I have now about 500k in money, I'm lvl 14 in Aspec. Bspec is level 0 (is there really a need for b spec, need being do I have to do it for any other purpose other then just doing it?). If I were to start the game over again, I would have just bought the cheapest car just so I could literally play the licenses events because you can't start licensing without purchasing a vehicle. I ended up selling almost every crappy car I have earned so far. I finished Special events up to lvl 14, the karting, the nascar, the grandtour, and the AMG (still not finished with this one yet). I finished License B, A, IC, and IB. Today I'm going to finish the licenses. Also I have completed 2 series for cash in the Amateur section, the Clubman and the Jap 90's Challenge in Aspec. Thats it though, I'd rather not do the races in beginner. BTW all licenses have been won in silver or better, non in all gold, same with my races all silvers or gold (not bad for using a controller!)

Any suggestions for a car for the Grand Turismo World Championship car, in Apsec, Pro Series? I will be running that after I finish the licenses.
audi r8 quattro 5.2 worked well on that one, I also used a mclaren. did you get online yet?

I guess it can be useful. I liked B Spec in GT4 because you could use it for endurance races, that was about it.

The thing I love about this game is that its so much more than a game. Since Ive started tuning cars for online and racing online I havent touched A Spec. I just do the seasonals every week or so and use my other time to race online. I could seriously see myself playing this game for a few years without getting bored. Ill spend hours just tuning a car to perfection, never gets old. Im sure I wont play as much when the nice weather gets here, but Ill definitely try to make some time for it.

If some guys here are interested we should get a race series going or something. Have a set amount of races with restrictions and keep points, etc. Think it'd be pretty cool.

It was a while ago, but pretty sure I used the Callaway Vette for that race. Car is a beast once you tune out the understeer, it loves to push.

I guess it can be useful. I liked B Spec in GT4 because you could use it for endurance races, that was about it.

The thing I love about this game is that its so much more than a game. Since Ive started tuning cars for online and racing online I havent touched A Spec. I just do the seasonals every week or so and use my other time to race online. I could seriously see myself playing this game for a few years without getting bored. Ill spend hours just tuning a car to perfection, never gets old. Im sure I wont play as much when the nice weather gets here, but Ill definitely try to make some time for it.

If some guys here are interested we should get a race series going or something. Have a set amount of races with restrictions and keep points, etc. Think it'd be pretty cool.
like just GNX's up to 16 in the room

83 Turbo did you get the toyota and how did it work out for ya?? After work today while watching the REAL race ill save my data and get your FGT car back to you Pat, thanks again. Do you have more than one FGT?

yes I have 3. 2 blue 1 silver & waiting for a yellow 1 to be returned
2 toyota 7's
4 GNX's
4 gt40's (2 are the older ones )
a 2007 ferrari f1
2 audi quattro 5.2's ( these are real fast& can be used in mostof the game)
r8 race car
the 5 chrome line cars (came with collectors edition)
preordered game thru gamestop & recieved a McLearen F1 stealth & a gamestop nascar (it was nice to start the game with fast cars)
3 zr1's (1 is race model)
I belive I have all the old muscle cars.
Escudo
all the trucks
over 190 cars total