governor upgrade?

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Going to a 210/215 roller cam in my fresh 109 that is currently being done. Just received the billet forward drum and ring gear from Cris at CK. Will I have to mod the governor to get the shift points right? Not looking to go above 5800rpm with this. New motor will be a stock bore/stroke 109 with ported irons and intake.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

If it isthe standard high performance govenor(light type) it's supposed to have shift points between 4900-5700 on the BR valve body.

scojack_2001 said:
Going to a 210/215 roller cam in my fresh 109 that is currently being done. Just received the billet forward drum and ring gear from Cris at CK. Will I have to mod the governor to get the shift points right? Not looking to go above 5800rpm with this. New motor will be a stock bore/stroke 109 with ported irons and intake.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

I'd switch to a KC vb and retain the BR governor. Tap the hole on the small weight 8-32 and use a steel screw to tune the shift rpm. The screw will hold the spring in place. If you want a higher shift rpm than the with the steel screw you can use a nylon screw which is only about .2g when cut down.