Got It Started, Heres My Numbers

kwcook

I think I still have a slight crack in the passenger side header and possibly need a new doughnut gasket for my downpipe.

Fuel Preassure (couldnt find my alan wrenches but it is between 42&43 line off)
RPM 950-1000
02 Voltage .45-.46
Cross Counts 52-69
TPS .44; WOT could only get to 4.36
MAF 6-7
INT 128
BLM 128
LV8 34-36
IAC 23-26
Knock Retard 1-4 (I believe it is False I heard some rattleing by heating and cooling units)

All numbers were taken at idle with the car warmed up to 160 degrees. Today I put on new coils to the Type II, put new connectors on the TPS & IAC (clips were broken), switched to different IAC & TPS. As said before I have the TurboTweak chip installed but have been yet to drive it with the chip in the car and during scanning I dont believe the car ever hit closed loop.

I think I still have a slight crack in the passenger side header and Possible need a new doughnut gasket for my downpipe.

Fuel Preassure (couldnt find my alan wrenches but it is between 42&43 line off)
RPM 950-1000
02 Voltage .45-.46
Cross Counts 52-69
TPS .44; WOT could only get to 4.36
MAF 6-7
INT 128
BLM 128
LV8 34-36
IAC 23-26
Knock Retard 1-4 (I believe it is False I heard some rattleing by heating and cooling units)

All numbers were taken at idle with the car warmed up to 160 degrees. Today I put on new coils to the Type II, put new connectors on the TPS & IAC (clips were broken), switched to different IAC & TPS. As said before I have the TurboTweak chip installed but have been yet to drive it with the chip in the car and dur9ing scanning I dont believe the car ever hit closed loop.

Looks OK.
Now, drive it around for about 5 miles and make sure you get it hot enough so the ECM can relearn. Your MAF is high becasue your RPM's are too high.

Probably a vacuum leak.
After you fix it, reset the IAC and TPS and drive again.

When you set the TPS, make sure you LIFT on it and THEN tighten and adjust. You may need to file the slots to lift it high enough to get the TPS WOT reading you are looking for.

Edit:
I found that for relearning, "stop and go" traffic usually works best, especially in this cold weather.

Aren't the cross counts high for idle? The quick reference guid of GnTType show they should be between 10-20 at idle.

I have new vacuum lines and none should be leaking. I have the big mouth style cold air intake that is homemade and the elbow pipe that comes off the TB needs to bent slightly to make a smooth transition to the MAF. Could this affect the MAF?

What should be my RPM reading at Idle?

Thanks
For the Help

Pull your floor mat out from under the gas pedal and try the tps again @ WOT. Might help ya.

Aren't the cross counts high for idle? The quick reference guid of GnTType show they should be between 10-20 at idle.

I have new vacuum lines and none should be leaking. I have the big mouth style cold air intake that is homemade and the elbow pipe that comes off the TB needs to bent slightly to make a smooth transition to the MAF. Could this affect the MAF?

What should be my RPM reading at Idle?

Thanks
For the Help

CC should qyuickly cycle 0-250, thus indicating an active and good O2 sensor. :cool:

Idle RPM is around 825. Go drive it so it will re-learn.
You may need to reset the IAC to around the 10-20 mark after the drive.

Pull your floor mat out from under the gas pedal and try the tps again @ WOT. Might help ya.

Good point!
I forgot about that one.
(The things I don't take for granted ...:tongue: )

One more ........
Make SURE the throttle open all the way (look in the TB while someone steps on the gas, engine off, key off :tongue: )
If it doesn't, verify TV cable setting and operation.

We got 16" of snow Monday-Wednesday and got another 3-4" today. Hopefully I can get the car on the road late this coming week.

Ill hook the scanner back up and see if the throttle blade can manually hit 4.5 V at WOT (already took the mat out, with it in I was getting 4.16-4.2)

Forgot to add that I was throwing error code for the MAT. I have it running to the bottom of the filter. Can I run it into my 4" pipe prior to the MAF? WIll this affect any of my numbers?

Kyle- The MAT can be run after the MAF. That is where mine is. This sensor is not critical at all and only helps idle in cold weather. In order to get the TPS above 4.5 volts you can manually modify it or get a TPS enhancer. I have done both. If you need help modifiying the stock one to get above 4.5 volts let me know. It is quite easy. Brad

[What should be my RPM reading at Idle?

Thanks
For the Help[/QUOTE]

Miy car idles at 800 RPM. Check your IAC. Brad

Drove the car today and was in closed loop the hole time driving. Is a function of the Turbo Tweak chip to always be in open loop when parked because my car goes right to open loop as soon as I put it into park. I am going to put the spare MAF on from Brad on the next drive then run the numbers at idle.
Some of the numbers that have changed

MAF 5-8
Blm went down to 116
cross counts are not moving around that much at all the highest I saw during idle was anywhere from 70-80
02 voltage was about the same but would hit .47
TPS .42 only got to 4.36 WOT. Need to File it