Got burned on a car!! So, it is a part out.

Everybody, here is the deal. I had a friend who is a certified 6g welder come over and assess the quality of the frame. The hole in the frame is very far forward (not much load on it) he is going to help me patch it. The rest of the car is in really good shape. So, I am going to save it!! Thanks to everyone who was interested in parts and offered advice. Thanks especially to those who encouraged me to save it!! Now, I will be the one looking for parts!

Thanks again to everyone! This is a great community and I am really glad to be a part of it!

Anybody have any thoughts??

Barry

Those frames have a lot of "holes" in them to begin with from the factory.
They beg for welding when new. Let alone 25 years old.
You would be well advised to loosen those body bolts ASAP, before they get permanently frozen.
Even though it's been almost 2 years and they most likely are tough already.
They may already want to spin the cage nuts.
Then lift the body up and you can do whatever your heart chooses to the chassis / frame.
And the underside of "Sandy's" body
It's actually a pretty easy task.
The body bolts, the gas tank lines, the wiring connectors at the firewall, power steering lines, brake lines, radiator related; some other underhood "stuff and it more or less comes up.

This might be one of those projects though - looking back - you ask youself - "Why did I do that?"
Financially speaking that is.
Anything short of a Paul Walker act can be saved.
The question is - is it worth it?

FleaBay strikes again.
Nice. :mad:

Oh didn't know why, I guess he only posts in this section.

I'm also glad the car is being saved, Nice to see it's not going the way of so many others.

Some must die so that others can live on.
This is a salt water flood job. Saving these is really really alot of time and money.
This is going to be a tough act. Through and though.
It's going to be a budget buster.
Especially when you look at cars for sale for $11K that are ready to roll.