Got beat by a new camaro!!

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
I was out at the street races 2 fridays ago and everyone was running their mouths about this and that,we saw one race out that turned into a by run when one car broke....So out of 5 trailer cars only one was willing to run..My friends and i are bsing and this older guy in a new camaro is sitting across the street...I kinda tossed my car back together with mismatched parts after my turbo destroyed itself(http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/350306-oh-carnage.html) just so i could cruise not really lookin for any action....

I put on the te63 i had, the houston dp that has a borla race muffler on the end of it, and rjc boost controller.. Other than that i got a homemade cold air hydroboost and 17" mt drag radials,line lock, and car is stock besides that Other than front brake and suspension mods) all my other parts are sittin in the shop still...

Back to the race...My buddies are noticin me lookin at the camaro and they start eggin me on sayin well mabye if you run we can see a race tonight...So i think y not the last car i raced was an lt1 trans am when the car was out last and we were neck and neck...I had previously went 14.22 bone stock wheel hopping... I walk across the street to the older guy wearing a bandanna sittin in the camaro...It was nice black with silver stripes hid lights ...I ask him is this stock ?He replys "yup" I say you wanna run it ? He says sure against what? I say my grand national over there as i point to my car...I say just for fun...He says cool lets do it.....:cool: So i head back to my car get in hit the key and the smell of burning race gas and sunoco 93 from my open downpipe fills the interior... The camaro roars to life and i follow him down to the traffic light he starts his burnout as im turning around...Hes at the light ready to go and too exited i engage my line lock and the light changes he takes off!! :eek: I didnt even do my burnout yet lol!!! I sit there and dont move.....When he turns around and starts to come back i engage my line lock bring the boost up and get the mickeys good and hot......
The camaro pulls up next to me again this time its on....I bring the boost up to 0 when the light turns yellow on the other side i floor it and i only get 3lbs or so...Light turns green i get a slight chirp and thrown back in the seat..The camaro starts to pull away:frown:he gets about 2 cars out when the boost came up (10 lbs) he stops pulling away and we held it there the whole way down the quarter....
I pull up to my friends some are laughing others are like well it was kinda close and patting me on the back sayin at leas i had th balls to go run more than my mouth

Im actually happy cause my car is faster than it was last time i had it out and i only had 10lbs of boost to race with ...Plus i know once i add my other parts and tune it my gn will be one bad dude!!! :biggrin:The bad thing is i cant get any more than 10lbs no matter what even when i popped the vac line completely off the wastegate just to see and still the same...My stock turbo i took off spooled up like nobodys buisness and i blew a vac line off once and it shot up to almost 20lbs in a hurry:eek: so idk...

Boost controller and crank that thing up to 17-18 then face him lol I have a 20 eBay special and it works fine

Now you got him ready for the money race....
Don't tell him you only ran him with 10lbs....;)

X2.. He now has a false sense of security with these cars:biggrin: Feel bad for him when he lines up next to one puttin down 20-25#'s

Yea ur right plus now everyone else that saw me get beat will wanna run me too lol..I just gotta figure out y it wont boost past 10lbs hmmm...Then i can chop some heads off ;)