Gordon

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
1/2 Punch again? Gordon is my favorite since the 90's and Jimmy has been my number 2 for a few years now. Wife's guy is Stewart (she works for Home Dept.) The only thing that would have made my day better is if my new trans would have shifted out of 1st gear!!!!(But that's another story) Go Jeff Go!!!!!!!!!

I agree

Im a big 24 and 48 fan and I was pumped when I came home in time for the last 2 laps to see them in front. The fans showed their ignorance again by throwing things at the 24 car. The good thing is a few of them idiots reportedly got locked up.

Fruicken rednecks. Boo all you want, flip him off, curse, don't care. But throwing full beverage cans is criminal.

Two reasons to be a Jeff Gordon fan, one he is one of the best race car drivers ever. Two it pi$$e$ a bunch of people off just to root for him. :tongue:

The haters just cant get over the fact that he s better the Dale ever was.
Fact is Jeff has had to race way harder under way tighter rule restrictions
than Dale did the years he made most of his wins

Congradulations to Jeff Gordon & the entire 24 team(past & present) for another victory & passing the late great Dale Earnhardt in career wins!!! Dale Earnhardt was an awesome driver & to move past such a legend in victories is just more confirmation that Jeff Gordon is one of Nascar's best ever.
No one handed any of those 77 wins to him, especially not Dale Earnhardt...those two had some great fender to fender battles through the years & the times Jeff beat the #3, it was simply because he & the 24 team earned it. Dale showed alot of respect for Jeff as a driver & as a person, so you can bet that Dale would be ashamed to call the types of fans that threw things this past weekend a valued fan of his.

The Darkside:cool:

There is no way to compare Gordon to Earnhardt IMO. Earnhardt helped build a championship winning team from the ground up. Gordon walked into a championship team with the best tech in the business and had it all handed to him. Hendrix has always been dominate. To each his own but to say Big E sucked as a driver is bad mojo;)

Ya but think about how MANY wins Big E got when racing dirty was allowed.He won spinning out more lead drivers in his championship years.
Im not saying he was not good,or didnt acheive anything.
But it is way tougher to win by todays standards
By todays rules he would have been black flagged almost every race

Ya but think about how MANY wins Big E got when racing dirty was allowed.He won spinning out more lead drivers in his championship years.
Im not saying he was not good,or didnt acheive anything.
But it is way tougher to win by todays standards
By todays rules he would have been black flagged almost every race

I sure miss those days:biggrin:

There is no way to compare Gordon to Earnhardt IMO. Earnhardt helped build a championship winning team from the ground up. Gordon walked into a championship team with the best tech in the business and had it all handed to him. Hendrix has always been dominate. To each his own but to say Big E sucked as a driver is bad mojo;)

Just a little history lesson...The Dupont team wasn't started until 1992 & Hendricks Motorsports hadn't won a single Championship up till that point. Hendricks was running a 2 car team that year, but after watching Jeff Gordon in a Busch race(Baby Ruth car) he signed him on to drive for a 3rd team he wanted to start. They got a new sponsor (DUPONT) & they raced 1 race in 1992, the last one of the year, The Hooters 500. Ray Evernham was then a rookie crew chief & the Dupont team was just being put together.....so, Jeff sure didn't walk into a championship caliber team by any means....lol. Of course, 3 years later the team did become a championship team because in 1995 Jeff won his 1st Championship which gave Hendrick Motorsports their 1st championship as well.
Bottom line is Jeff & the Dupont team were a new team started by an owner who had never won a championship & together THEY built it into a team capable of winning Winston Cup Championships. I know alot of fans think Gordon got everything handed to him, but the truth is from the very beginning he was just a kid who loved to race & through alot of hard work & sacrifices by him & his family, he got the chance to race in go carts,quarter midgets,all star sprints, usac sprints, outlaw sprints, midgets, busch cars & ultimately Winston Cup cars. Heck, back when other 13 year old boys were out riding their bicycles, Jeff was driving 700hp sprint cars & sleeping in a camper on the back of a pick up truck. His ability to win in most everything is what earned him the chance to drive NOT in a championship teams car, but for an owner who saw his driving talent & was willing to give him a chance.
It's always been tough for me as a Nascar fan, not just because I'm a Gordon fan...lol, but because I cheered for Dale Earnhardt as well. Dale always had & Jeff still has that refuse to lose, never give up mentality & that's what made them both winners & Champions.

The Darkside:cool:

a side note.

did you guys know that Dale Sr, and Gordon had business ventures together?
they are both quiet about it, ( not a secret) but Dale approached Jeff with ventures so both could benefit,
Dale's intent was to help jeff's future financially, ( little did he know!)LOL